Saturday, September 6, 2014

Keep Calm and Drink Coffee

keepcalmmaureenplut

Hi everyone!  Today’s card is kicking off a new month of sketches over on the Viva La Verve Sketch blog!  Julee is starting us off with a sketch and colour combination.  I really wanted to make another coffee card using the brand new Coffee set and Cuppa Joe Die Set.  I think these kind of cards are perfect for tucking a SB or Tim Horton’s coffee card into. Notice that sweet coffee mug?  Wonder how I cut out the space between the handle and cup?  Now it may seem obvious, but I only recently discovered this all by myself! LOL  Just cut and then glue it all back together! 

cupcutting

Head over to the Viva La Verve blog to see more samples and learn about how you could win $100 in Verve product.  That would be a FUN shopping spree!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

signature

VLVSep14Week1Sketch

VLVSep14Week1Color

11 comments:

Lynn said...

You know what it's not obvious...I wouldn't have thought to do that! Love this card and can't wait to get inky with my new goodies!

Patricia Roth said...

Your card says it all for all the coffee addictive people in the world. And, a very pretty card to boot!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! Who doesn't love a coffee themed card!?

Marisa said...

Adore your designer mug and that delicious pop of green polka dotted ribbon :) have a craving for a latte now LOL!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love! Did you spy my project? I'm in trouble...

msdixie said...

Errr.. I am pretty sure it's not nice of me to say, but THIS IS MY FAVORITE card on the Verve September blog hop. I loved it at the front, and it made me smile again when I saw it here on your blog. The colors and theme go perfectly together. A-dor-able! :) :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute, love the colors and that ribbon!

Pink Unicorn said...

This is truly a gorgeous card with all those patterns balancing each other out. I love the combo of pink and green, but the added kraft really brings the combo to a whole new level

Nancy said...

LOVE your card Maureen...and yes what a brilliant idea I never thought of either...cut it off and glue it back together! LOL Thanks for the wonderful tip!!!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous papers with that cute mug and sentiment. I love the pop of green ribbon. Thanks for the paper-piecing tip!

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your SWEET card. LOVE it.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...