Sunday, March 24, 2013

Festive Friday Fun!

merrymaureenpllut

Good morning! Yes, you are viewing a new card from me, not a delayed post from last Christmas!  I’m playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge this week.  The challenge is all about creating Christmas cards throughout the year so there won’t be a mad dash come December to make 50+ cards.  This week there is a trigger…the word “merry.”

Merry

I love that word and went straight to my PTI merry word die to cut out the word in a sparkly gold/silver glitter cardstock.  Then I “merrily” went back into my Christmas box and dug out a few of my beloved jingle bells.  Now, when I made this card on Friday, it really was snowing here so it wasn’t too far a stretch to get into the Christmas spirit :)  I’m also using some “Make it Merry” paper from October Afternoon so you see, this card literally has “merry” all over it!  LOL  What’s the weather been like where you are?  Really, I have nothing to complain about.  After the little snow flurry, we were back to sunny skies :)  Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Sunday :)

signature

 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve merry wishes

ink: su basic grey

paper: pti soft stone, rustic cream, october afternoon make it merry. recollections glitter cardstock

accessories: pti holiday words die, spellbinders circle die, october afternoon seam binding ribbon, Michaels jingle bells, twinery bakers twine, stitching

12 comments:

Marianne said...

Love the glittery and festive Merry card. Thanks for pointing me to the Festive Friday challenge blog. I love making Christmas cards all year long and it so happens I created a very Merry card myself yesterday, so I have linked it up.
The sun is out here on Crete and with temperatures of close to 20 °C it really feels like spring. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Lynn said...

the deep emerald ribbon is fabulous against the glitter. Gorgeous! it was beautiful yesterday - sunny and 50s...snow is coming back tonight! ugh!

Tracey said...

This is beautiful! Love what you did with the seam binding!

Barb said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Maureen! Love your gorgeous bow and those fabulous, sparkly letters!

Aimes said...

I thought I was a couple of days ahead for a moment, Diva!
Lovin' this merry little card and your seam binding treatment is da bomb!!! If makes me want to hop across the pond right now so you can show me how it's done!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love it...

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkly merry on the blue! So pretty!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

LOVE IT!! I knew I wouldn't have to twist your arm if it meant you could play with your jingle bells a bit longer! ;)

Thanks for sharing this with us, I am so glad you decided to play along :)

Geri said...

Oh, Maureen! So happy to see you creating with us with this beauty of yours!! So soft, sparkly and downright LOVELY!!!

Helen F. said...

Ohhh, I love the sparkly silver on blue! Your bow is so beautiful and those bells are such a fun detail!

Christina said...

Super fun and festive!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your very Merry card! The glitter and jingle bells get me every time! This is just beautiful!
:) Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...