Friday, January 18, 2013

Be My Valentine

bmyvalentinemaureenplut

TGIF everyone!  The sweetest day of my week!  And you know I love to celebrate with the newest Viva La Verve sketch from Diva Janelle.  I was playing with some more of my new Valentine paper AND another sweet sentiment from the newly released No Matter What set that is still ON SALE in the Verve Store AND some of the new seam binding!  After I had made the main panel with all the layers and glory, I thought the card base was a little too “neat” for the shabby look of the card so I took my SU basic grey ink pad and inked up the sides.  It felt a little “weird” to “smudge” but fun at the same time!  I’m always trying to keep my inky paws OFF the cards! LOL  Have you been playing all months with the sketches?  Head over to the Viva La Verve forum and see how you could win $100 in Verve GCs!  Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

 signature  

photo

what’s in it?

stamps: No Matter What, Blue Skies, Twitterpated (Verve)

paper: soft stone, white, rustic white, scarlet jewel (PTI), Love Notes (Fancy Pants)

ink: onyx (Versafine), autumn rose (PTI), basic gray, going gray (SU)

accessories: hearts and swirls frame (A Cut Above by Verve), Truly Madly Deeply seam binding (Verve), button (PTI), bakers twine (Twinery), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great card. Enjoy your weekend.

Barb said...

Wow, Maureen, that is one gorgeous card! Wonderful layering, and I love the distressing ("smudging") along the edges! :)

Marisa said...

I'd be int he same boat with the smudging! You did a great job. Loving the heart paper!! Happy Friday!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is gorgeous, my friend! I think the inking was a perfect touch and hey - you got to let the little rebel inside out for a minute, right? haha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...