Friday, September 14, 2012

Love is Long

vlvseptwk3

TGIF everyone!  I’ve been waiting for today all week! LOL  Not because I’m not totally in love with my new class, but because things never run smoothly in September as they do in June.  All I do in September is talk and talk and talk, oh, and talk (and talk and talk).  EVERYTHING needs to be explained from how to print the date to how to sit in front of my rocking chair.  Kind of like Ms Plut boot camp! LOL  However, all this prep work will pay off in a few months when I can stop micro managing my students and have them pretty much self sufficient in our daily routines.  My main goal right now is to keep everyone happy and excited about school and I think I’m accomplishing that :)  I came home dog tired Tuesday night and the only relief (besides a glass of wine) was getting inky.  I had placed the doily and the new Stronger Love set down on my desk as I left the studio last Sunday, knowing that I had at least 2 ideas for Teresa’s Viva La Verve sketch this week.  As my friend, Lynn, said recently, this sentiment is perfect for so many cards, love, anniversary and even sympathy.  I grabbed some lovely Studio Calico papers, the doily on my desk and this sweet little number came out :)  I hope you head over to the Viva la Verve Forum and join in the fun!  Complete all the sketches this month and you could win a $100 gift certificate to the Verve store! Wowwee!  That would totally come in handy with all those fabulous new stamps and dies in the store right now!  Good luck and have an awesome weekend!

signature 

VLVSepWk3sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: Stronger Love (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), sahara sand (SU), Hey Day (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), paper doily, thread (craft supply), seam binding ribbon (Memriemare), button (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft)

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful...so soft and serene and all around perfect...11 hours until the 5 o'clock bell rings here :)

selina.mcginn said...

Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Saw this on SCS last night and loved it. Loving the soft paper colours and the sentiment is a wonderful one. Seeing little bits of highlight on the sentiment - gel pen to even things out on there? Setting up routines is always a chore, but as you said, pays off in the long run!! Happy Friday!!!

sandie said...

love the soft subtle colours and that sentiment is just so lovely x

Kara Lynne said...

So gorgeous, Maureen! I'm glad you're enjoying the new little peeps! I'm sure they'll be a well oiled machine soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...