Saturday, July 21, 2012

Papertrey Ink Homemade Embellishments #1

IMG_5580

Good evening!  Well, I got 2 cards done for the Homemade Embellishments Challenge…HAD to play along with Dawn again.  She showed us how to layer die cuts using different patterned papers.  i wanted to do a slightly different embellishment to challenge myself so I dug out the Beautiful Blossom dies and cut all three sizes out with 3 different patterned papers.  Then I mixed and matched until I came up with a layering I liked.  I’ve made a frame like the one Maile made a while back and embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder.  And because I just got these sweet Studio Calico wood veneer butterflies, I had to add that too :)  Oh, another badge!  I’m almost as tired now as I was at last year’s SAF!  LOL  I may do the last 2 challenges tomorrow…see you in a few minutes with the next card for this challenge

signature

diiy

all supplies are from PTI except patterned paper and wood butterfly (Studio Calico/Cosmo Cricket), bakers twine (Twinery), woodgrain embossing folder (craft concepts)

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Your layered dies are fabulous. Loving the antenna on the butterfly and of course the flower :) Can't wait to see the last two. Off to my LSS tomorrow a.m. as it looks like the weather will hold...wish me luck! I need all the $$ I can get so I can go wild on new Verve LOL!

Marianne said...

Love this card, very inspirational with these layers.

Danielle Flanders said...

You're very talented - this is so gorgeous!
Danielle

Heidi said...

Oh I do love that flower and that frame. I always forget to use my dies in this manner- you have inspired me, I am working on yet another little book and I think that I will use my dies to make a pretty frame for a sentiment or something.

Jill Norwood said...

This is beautiful! Love the flower and the frame! And the butterfly too!

Kara said...

gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...