Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Keep Calm and Seize the Cupcake ~ Diva Dare Project

cupcakeproject

Hi everyone!  Just a little heads up that I’m hosting the Diva Dare post today over on the Verve Blog!  It’s birthday central at Verve this month with several Divas plus Julee celebrating their special days.  So the theme this time round is “Birthday!”  I’ve been playing with my Keep Calm app this past month and thought it would be fun to make my own little poster!  I actually googled “Keep Calm font” and was able to download it for free! Bonus!  I knew I wanted to use the Seize the Cupcake stamp, but the “seize” didn’t quite look right with the rest of the wording so I performed a little clear stamp surgery! EEK!  This was so fun to make, though :)

seizethecupcake

Now, you can’t have a birthday post without some props…I was going to make a paper cupcake, but that’s no fun to eat after the photo shoot!  LOL  So I went to our cupcake store here in town and picked up some lemon cupcakes (YES, they were delicious! ACK!)  I created little flags for each cupcake, making the one for the birthday girl a little more special :)  For more details, check out the Verve Blog…and then join in the fun!  You could win some Verve dollars!  Thanks for visiting!  And remember, carpe cupcake!

signature

cupcakebanners

Verve Stamps/Dies used: Birthday Bash, Small Phrases, Carpe Cupcake,Super Dad, Ribbon Banner Die

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Ah...that is crafting at its finest with some yummy props! Love all the gorgeous banners Moe...they are adorable!

Luanne said...

Wonderful color scheme! I love the black accent. Now, how long did those cupcakes last?? ;-)

Melisa Hunter said...

Oh my gosh! This is fabulous! Love all the little details. Love the layout and how you've created your little poster. The patterned papers are gorgeous and those aqua mist buttons just pop! Too cute how you've punched little stars into the banners for the toothpicks. You always pick the best props, too! Aren't those cupcakes delicious? One of my favourite flavours! ;)

Kara Lynne said...

That is so fun! Always great to find a free font just when you need it. I love the green, aqua, and brown combination.

Marisa said...

One must have props you can eat ;) and if it is lemon I'm all over it! Darling birthday project.

Tamika said...

That's exactly what I did yesterday for my birthday!

Aimes said...

*Drool*! Those cupcakes look scrummy, Diva! Did I ever tell you that lemony desserts are my favourite over chocolate anyday?! ;D
Oh I have to find that font! We have a sign in our spare room (craft studio/music room) that says 'Keep Calm and Drink Tea!'
Fabulous project! I hope you enjoyed that project after taking the photos *wink*
Hugs!
Duchess
x

sandie said...

so yummy, waht agreat idea to add the little banners and surgery went well then!

Amy Rohl said...

So fun and absolutely charming, Maureen!

Heidi said...

I saw your cupcake post at work today and couldnt wait to get home to check online your blog post. This is so fun!
Heidi

TannyP said...

Oh man....I love when props are harmed after the making of your post :) Love these! What a great use of all that great Verve. **SWOON!**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...