Friday, March 11, 2011

My Viva La Verve Sketch Debut!!

St. Pat’s Fact: An Irish blessing: “May you always have...
Walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, Laughter to cheer you, those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.”

 vlvmar4birthdayblessing

Yippee!!! Good morning dear friends!!  It’s Friday which, as you now know, means the weekend is here AND there’s a new Viva La Verve challenge over on the forum!! BUT…this week yours truly is the sketch hostess!!!  My first official sketch :)  Look how fabulous Julee made it look!!  She even had a shamrock for me :)  Then look at what she had to work with…lol, my classy high tech sketch…VLVMar11Week3Sketch IMG_2772

So there was no holding back this week…I went for LOUD, BOLD AND PROUD!!  I say CLASH this week!! LOL  It’s all good for St. Patrick’s Day.  I hope you can come over and join in the fun!!  Oh, see this fun little sentiment?

closeupshamrock

It’s from the Verve set, Blessings, that is on sale right now for 30% off!!  I just love that Julee always has something on sale…and there’s more on sale too…check it all out here :)  EEEKKK!!! Could it get any more fun than this?  Some of you have told me/admitted that you don’t have any shamrock images…well, you can make your own like me!!  I die cut 3  hearts with my heart nestabilities from some glitter felt and adhered them onto a green circle.  Then I die cut the stem from a leaf die…the button hides where everything meets :)  Voila, a perfect shamrock!!  I hope you have a lovely start to your weekend…thanks for sharing this little milestone with me…oh, this is the most wonderful time of the year for me :) 

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: Verve Blessings

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, cream, black, green (craft supply), october afternoon dp

accessories: heart, circle and lacy circle nestabilities, pti button, pti leaf die, twine, cuttlebug ef, gems, ek success border punches, stitching, glitter felt

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Yay first sketch! Love it and love your card, cant wait to play!

Cheryl said...

Great sketch design and your card is adorable! Oh, and Happy Birthday...a few days early!

Marisa said...

Big, bold and fabulous! LOVE it! The green and black are wonderful together and that sparkly shamrock is perfect.

As for the skewed panel, it's a good thing your birthday is coming up so I can forgive you for it LOL!

Have a fabulous weekend despite having to think of me sweating away here trying to deal with a skewed panel sketch....yeah right :) Enjoy a report card free weekend prepping for the release.

Aimes said...

Oh you truly are the hostess with the mostess, Diva! :)
Oooh and you smothered the beauty of a card with GREEN! Well you just couldn't go wrong with that methinks *wink*
Have a fabulous weekend! I'm up to my eyes in boxes already!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tammy said...

Congrats on your first sketch Maureen!! Looks great! I noticed this card on the CARDS blog this morning (it was right next to mine--yay!!). Our great minds think alike--I didn't have a shamrock stamp, so I used a heart image three times.
Have a fabulous weekend--I'm officially on March Break--my classes just ended!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeous card!

Heidi said...

Maureen this is a great sketch, your sketch looks like mine would. Love your card.

Lou Mac said...

This is something else! Your work is so clean and flawless!! I love it.

The green on this card is the perfect shade and I love your glittery shamrock!

Your new follower - Lou Mac. xo

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fun! And one fabulous go-to sketch! Love your sparkly shamrock and fun stitched accents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...