Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Will Give You Rest

cometome

Good morning, dear friends.  Today’s card is a 180 from what I’ve been posting lately.  My husband has close friends who lost their mother last week so I had to make 2 sympathy cards.  After losing my mom last year, I can relate to their sorrow and wanted to use a special sentiment that I find very comforting.  Inside the card, although I’m not showing it, I chose a sentiment from Verve’s Forever in Our Hearts…”May precious loving memories bring you comfort for today, strength for tomorrow and peace in the days ahead.”  I’m using Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch but tucked the horizontal panel under the circle so it wouldn’t cover the beautiful words.  It’s times like this that make me stop and think about what is really important in life…family, friends and leaving the world a little bit better than it was :)  Hugs to you all :)

 signature

163749_191613480855487_131447120205457_798675_3831683_n

what’s in it?

stamps: verve forever in our hearts (inside the card), plain jane, su thoughts and prayers

ink: su sahara sand, chocolate chip

paper: pti cream, kraft, turning a new leaf dp

accessories: pti ribbon, buttons, twine, fiskars apron lace punch, circle nestability

6 comments:

TannyP said...

These are always the toughest cards to make, but you've done a beautiful job of creating a stunning symathy card, Moe! Great use of the sketch.

Marisa said...

LOVE that tree image - think it's one of my all time favorite SU sets. That's such a fabulous verse too (would love to see it in Julee's normal script fonts). Great colours and perfect for a male. So sorry to hear of their loss...trusting Tony has been a comfort to them.

Ann said...

Love how you stamped the tree behind the sentiment, then added focus to it with the buttons. Gorgeous...I'm sure it'll be much appreciated.

Aimes said...

You just know I adore this card, Diva! That gorgeous colour combo, the leaves, the stamped sentiment over the image - perfection :)
So sorry to hear that you had the reason to make the card. It certainly does put life in perspective, doesn't it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Maureen, such a beautiful, peaceful card. I just made sympathy cards too :(

Janelle said...

You did such a great job on this sympathy card, Maureen. The tree coordinates so well with that patterned paper and the verse was perfectly appropriate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...