Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello Friends!!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!! Well this week is flying by...and lucky me it's a long weekend coming up AND the new Verve Release!!! Today's card is for the third sketch Julee has created in celebration of World Card Making Day (last Saturday) and the October Verve Release :)  There are loads of ways to win stamps, so head over to the Verve Blog and check out all the details :)  Are you surprised?  A summery spring type of card!! LOL  I struggled with what to put on these panels and then "POP,"  my beloved hot air balloon came to mind :)  So, of course, it needed some fun sunny paper and some glittery clouds :)  We have actually been having beautiful, sunny weather here lately, so this card is not toooo far out of season!! LOL  I also tried something a little different with my ribbon...a layered type technique by Nichole Heady...I thought it would be perfect for this card.  Okay, one more card to go...it's actually already made, so I'll share it tomorrow :)  Hope you are all doing well, thanks so much for visiting :D
what's in it?
stamps: verve up, up and away, hello friend
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti cream, raspberry fizz; su daffodil, the girls paperie, october afternoon, my mind's eye dps; doodlebug glitter cardstock
accessories: circle nestabilities, pti cloud dies, pti ribbon, stitching, gemstones

7 comments:

Aimes said...

Lovin' the ribbon treatment on this, Diva! Also adore those sparkly clouds too; I do love autumn (fall) but you've got me wishing for summer all over again!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Shannan Teubner said...

SOOOO fabulous! Love the clouds!

Marisa said...

Cute, cute, cute, Maureen! Love the ribbon treatment and the sparkly clouds.

Vickie Z said...

Sweet card!! Love the ribbon and sparkly clouds as well as the colors!!

Janelle said...

Hello, Friend! :) Can't believe that I was something like 15 posts behind on your blog! So many pretty cards -- but my biggest "aha!" was the way you used the EK Success jumbo border punch with the red cardstock on the WaCCky color challenge that your handsome son pulled the colors for. (Whew -- that was not a very good sentence, but no time for editing myself tonight!) Thanks for your regular visits and comments on my blog -- they're very appreciated! Hope your school year is going well! (And sounds like you had a wonderful weekend away with your sweet hubby -- how fun!)

Kristina said...

I am totally loving those glittery layered clouds! So fun! And the ribbon... Isn't that the most fun, new to us but old to everyone else, technique? It just adds such a classy-yet-fun look to cards. :)

You get a long weekend?! I feel the need to express my jealousy. It's a normal 'ol weekend for us. October is always a long haul. We have no holidays between Labor Day in September and Veteran's Day in mid-November. Though, this year, unless it falls through (which is possible...) we will have a furlough day next Monday (the 18th), which, although I won't be paid, will still be a welcome day off to sleep in and stamp. :)

Happy almost Thursday which means almost Friday!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very cheery colours! Love the combo you chose. What a neat idea to use the clouds for the square element!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...