Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Good morning!!! Well, today's post is full of "Thank you's."  I am so thankful that I didn't wreck the laminator at work (I had been worrying all week that I had...but it was an easy fix!).  I am also thankful that I got a lot accomplished at work yesterday after talking with the secretary, custodians, and principal :)  AND I'm thankful that this card is D-O-N-E.  What? You ask?  How could this scrumptious, cutie-patootie card cause me any grief? Well, look at this colour combo!!!  Really, you must all know that the colour draws are real as who would voluntarily choose to use these colours on one card...there is no rhyme or reason for these colours to be together...2 are fun, summery colours and 2 are deeper, cooler colours...hmmm...now that I think of it, maybe it was my subconscious processing the move from my carefree summer to the roller coaster ride of Fall and work beginning again...LOL!!!  I'm thinking that this card will go to one very special person in our district if my order for new shelves goes through quickly...hehehehe...
Notice how I took the easy way out with the blue and green...order form lines and leaves...yup, that's all I could come up with...lol.  BUT I was so desperate to use this more-than-yummy ribbon I picked up on my little side shopping spree during the conference last week.  I'd seen it several times on my buddy Michelle's blog and had to have some....seriously, it is to die for!!!  I should've picked up more than just 3 meters.  It ties like a dream even though it's about 6/8".  (You can see this ribbon and TONS more at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store...but I take no responsibility for enabling you ribbon lovers!! LOL...yikes!!!)  Let me know if you try this colour combo...if you dare!! LOL  Have a fabulous day...I'm in a Professional Day with my new staff :)  Hugs and smiles....

what's in it?
stamps:pti it's official
ink: pti ocean tides; versafine onyx
paper: pti hibiscus burst, summer sunrise, cream, SU old olive; October Afternoon dp
accessories: cork, pti blossom & notepage dies; pti button & twine, SU two step bird punch (wings for leaves); gemstones, May Arts ribbon

5 comments:

Aimes said...

Well done for not cheating on this colour combo, Diva! I know that I would have probably put a couple of colours back in and drawn again LOL!
You totally rocked your colour challenge anyways and balanced those colours perfectly!
Hope your professional day goes OK, remember that chocolate wins people over LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

Holy pooh - you're my hero! WOW! I can't believe you didn't cheat. I totally would have. As usual, though, you rocked it!

Janelle said...

Oh, I love it, Maureen! Great job with those crazy colors! :) (And... glad you didn't break the laminator, too -- those things are expensive. I've been pricing them since our 15-20 year old one at the preschool is bound to bite the dust one of these days!)

Pam Speidel said...

What a BEAUTY Maureen! Love love love that gingham ribbon! And I'm super impressed with how you blended the colors to make such a GORGEOUS card! ♥ Smiles, Pam :)

Marisa said...

Leaves or stems are always a good out for greens in a colour combo LOL! Love what you came up with. Your cork flower is fabulous.

Glad to hear you have your son along to help out with your classroom set up and to do the Starbuck's runs LOL! We just got back from a week away and I'm wading through 155 e-mails and now my blog roll - ugh!

Great set of cards you have produced while I was away :) Hope things are setting up quickly in the classroom. I'm counting sleeps until my six hours of inunterrupted bliss LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...