Friday, August 6, 2010

Mon Amie!

Good afternoon, mes amies!!  Today's card includes some new paper that I picked up on my little day road trip to a city nearby that has a cute little Scrapbooking Store, Ever After (more on this later in the post!! hehe).  I love this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch.  It really gives you the freedom to dress it up or keep it clean and simple.  I chose to keep it fairly simple and let this fabulous Crate Paper dp take center stage.  I'm also using another fun little sentiment from my latest Waltzing Mouse order.  It's a little more elegant and classy than the rest of the card, but I like to mix up styles...that's all part of the fun, eh?  I love stamp sets that include little flourishes.  That way you can dress up a sentiment panel when there's too much white space left.  I added 2 little green gems for good measure and because I like my bling!! LOL
Okay, here are the spoils of my road trip...well some of them (LOL, hehehe).  Various paper from all different companies....some of the Basic Grey notepaper series and a couple of 12x12 sheets from my favourite Basic Grey Kioshi pad.
How do you like that pile o' ribbon?  LOL  I had to load up on their fabulous 5/8ths twill in teal (I'm almost out from my first batch!) and pink, some luscious sheer and satin ribbon :)  Also found some gemstones in light aqua...only had dark aqua...I know, how do I survive?  LOL...some Basic Grey fabric brads (from the Kioshi and Indian Summer series), wood buttons, a new Cuttlebug Scrollwork folder, and that Webster's blossom trim that's all over the place.  I don't know what I'll do with it, but it's so gorgeous and soft I couldn't resist :)
And on my way back home, I stopped at my favourite shoe store and picked up a cute pair for work.  I spend most of the day on my feet, so these are just the ticket and I can run in them if any one of my kids bolts!! LOL  Okay, that's it!!!  What are your favourite things you've treated yourself to lately?  Would love to hear what you're loving right now :)



what's in it?
stamps: waltzing mouse fancy phrases
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti kraft, white, su espresso, kiwi, bermuda bay; crate paper dp
accessories: oval nestabilities; gemstones, pti ribbon, ms border punch

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Looks like you had a great day! Look at all your new goodies! Looking forward to seeing what you ceate with them. Have a good idea what the light aqua gem stones are for ;) Where do you drop Tony off while you are at the LSS? Home Depot so he can get ideas for your house?

Almost forgot, lovely card! The script is lovely. BTW, got my package yesterday - how fun :)

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Maureen! Lovely goodies!
Cute shoes :) They look COMFY!!!! I've treated myself recently too - I got an iPad :) Well, it's an anniversary present really but it's still a treat! Have a great weekend!

TannyP said...

A successful shopping day and a beautiful card! Look at you go =)

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! And how fun to do a little shopping! Looks like some super goodies to play with! :)

Karen B. said...

A beautiful card! Love the touches of blue.

Michelle Woerner said...

Totally cute card! Love the colors and perfect bow. AND what a fun loot you came home with along with COMFY shoes!! Hugs,

Julie said...

WOW, look at that stash!! :) I have a pair of shoes by that same brand...they are SO comfortable. I think you will love them! :) Gorgeous card, I love the papers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...