Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happiness is Found

Good morning!!! Well, here's my first card in a week and I definitely feel a little rusty (ugh!!)...I really loved the inspiration photo this week for the Viva La Verve sketch, but couldn't get the fabulous card in my head to come out onto paper.  I so wanted white polka dots on brown paper...but it just wasn't working last night.  So here is Plan B.  I rotated the sketch 90 degrees so I could use this sentiment.  Hmm, maybe it's the flowers that don't look right to me...oh well, I love the colours and papers and I've been running around with my head cut off since getting back from my conference.  I hope this isn't a trend now that work is gearing up for the new year.  Anyways, I look forward to seeing all the other fabulous cards this week :)  Have a lovely day and thanks for dropping by :)

 

What's in it?
stamps: verve happiness found, great friend
ink: su choc chip; bermuda bay
paper: pti white, kraft, hibiscus burst; su daffodil; OA & the Girls Paperie dps
Accessories: apron lace punch, gemstones, su linen thread, pti buttons and ribbon; stitching, corner chomper, prima flowers

6 comments:

Aimes said...

Well if this is Plan B - you've got me wondering how yummy Plan A was in your head, Diva! Love the stamping over the sentiment - so subtle but so effective!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Melisa Hunter said...

I think this is gorgeous, Maureen. I love the sketch flipped; I never think to do this. Love the papers... a great combination. I think the flowers are pretty like that... just the perfect amount of turquoise!

Enjoy Sunday! Hope to talk to you today!

Kristina said...

I'm beginning to think that plaids/squares/checkers and polka dots together may be my new favorite thing. I love your interpretation of this room! The sneaky little turquoise flower by the sentiment, the stitched ribbon, the beautiful bow... It's so happy!

I'm back in first grade this year, and the kids are coming tomorrow! Eek! As much as we got done last week, I sure could use one more day just to feel fully prepared. Guess I'll just have to squeeze that day into a few hours after school this week. Enjoy your last week or so!! Hope that room is coming along! I'll have to snap a quick picture of my room for you to see the finishe product.

Raven B said...

This is so wonderful. Love it.
Hugs,
Raven

Heather Innusa said...

Great cards!! So fun!!

TannyP said...

It's so pretty! Your bows always rock my world...and perfect stitching always astounds me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...