Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun is Good!! Wild Card Colour Challenge #9

Good afternoon!!! Forgive the 2 posts today, but I am starting Verve Sneak Peeks tomorrow and wanted to get this card in before the sketch deadline.  I am out of the studio this weekend...we are in the States helping my brother celebrate  his 50th birthday.  He loves to entertain so you can be sure it will be a fun, fun time.  No, this isn't his birthday card...haha, although giving him this girly card would be funny!!! LOL  No, I opted for a funny "age" card.  I also thought it would be funny to give him 50 cans of Lucky beer (one of the cheapest beers you can buy in Canada and my brother is a beer connoisseur), but I don't think I would be allowed to take it across the border!!  As usual, I was little nervous about the latest WaCCCky combination...but ideas started coming to me and I started throwing paper and ribbon down on the desk :)  I flipped through my Verve binder, looking for a stamp to fit in a circle.  I haven't used this "Fun is Good" so thought it was the perfect time to do so.  I believe this is Susan Liles contribution to the Beautiful You set (see her write up on it here).  I had one more cream library card and thought it would make a great panel layer.  The top of it was a little too blank, so I searched for a smaller Verve sentiment...ahhh, Eureka on finding this little birthday one in Big Wish...{insert BIG smile here!}.  It's stamped in Going Gray and I love the way it matches the lines on the library card...you still focus on the main sentiment, but the Happy Birthday is very much felt :)  Oh, and yes, this sketch looks a lot like today's earlier post, but it is actually for the latest Card Positioning Systems sketch.   We are picking up my son on our way to WA, yup, he's joining us for the weekend {insert even BIGGER smile here!!}.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend too and I'll take some pics to share :)  REMEMBER....Verve sneaky peeks tomorrow!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Beautiful You, Big Wish
Ink: versafine onyx, SU going grey
Paper: PTI kraft, ocean tides, raspberry fizz, cream, SU kiwi kiss, October Afternoon dp
Accessories: Heather Nichols library card, fiskars border punch, cirlce nestabilities, buttons, PTI ribbon

2 comments:

Ann said...

I totally ADORE this color combo...fun, fun, fun!

Carolina said...

I am in awe of all the amazing projects you've done as a Guest Diva...beyone rocked Verve stamps! Wanted to swing by with a be-lated congrats ~ you so deserve it! Hugs & Smiles!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...