Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Beauty and Joy of Each Day

Good evening!  Tonight's card is for the Mojo Monday contest this week...and because it's the first Monday of the month, Julee is offering up Verve stamp sets to 7 lucky winners!!  As soon as I saw the circle panel, I knew I wanted to make another flower with this yummy kraft tissue.  I wasn't sure what colours I wanted, but knew cream and kraft were going to be in the mix somehow....then the vintage and distressed ideas came in along with notepaper for the sentiment and some more yummy melon seam binding ribbon...my new love :)  I thought this Verve sentiment from Feel the Sun was perfect for this card :)

Oh, and one last thing before I head off to make my lunch for tomorrow...I won the hockey pool at work!!! Yay!!! I had Chicago and I heard (is that bad, that I didn't even watch? LOL) that they won and now am the proud recipient of $50.00 and bragging rights!! (although picking teams was done by a draw in April...lol)  Okay, sweet dreams :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Feel the Sun, Hero Arts ledger
Ink: SU eggplant, sahara sand
Paper: PTI cream, kraft; SU really rust, eggplant; Basic Grey Green at Heart, tissue paper
Accessories: stitching, MS border punch, distressor, PTI button and twine, cropadile, seam binding ribbon, PTI blossoms die, brad

7 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

So sweet I love the flower dp. That is a great job on the sketch. I have yet to start this months verve challenges. Don't know if I will but I'm enjoying your work on them. Hope you win!

Marisa said...

Yeah, $50 to spend on stamping goodies :D Congrats on the win!

Darling card using the mojo sketch. Love the holes down the side of the sentiment panel and how you tied some ribbon in a few. Great flower too!

Ann said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen! I love the colors, the flower, the ribbon, and the sentiment!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love the little punches down your paper! Thanks for playing Mojo!

Banu said...

WOW..beautiful card. Loved it.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that flower! :)

TannyP said...

Any day when you're $50 richer is a good one =) Great job with these sweet colors! I really like the holes and the ribbon through them. Lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...