Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mom

Good morning!!  I wasn't sure what I was going to do for the Embellish challenge...I had another card in mind that I still want to make eventually, but these flowers have been on my mind ever since I got them last Friday :)  In the original design there was a green panel of grass, but it covered up too much of the stems, so I took it off and just used green ribbon.  I tried to add a butterfly and even some bling somewhere, but it just didn't look right so I left it pretty simple.  The requirement this time was to emboss.  The blue card base is embossed with swiss dots...if you look closely you can see them :)  Have a lovely day :)
What's in it?
Stamps: SU awash with flowers, Verve because of you
Ink: versafine onyx, SU summer sun, ballet blue, old olive, PTI raspberry fizz
Paper: SU ballet blue, PTI white, kraft
Accessories: PTI ribbon, oval nestabilities, cuttlebug ef

7 comments:

Marisa said...

You are killing me with the set, Maureen. Another darling card using it! Love the feel to it and your use of the CC is great :D Maybe I'll luck out and be able to get it for Mother's Day LOL!

Maureen Reiss said...

super cute card..I like it simple too

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic job with those colours! I didn't realize ballet blue was such a bright blue. A nice simple layout really well done.

TannyP said...

Oh my! I love that flower set - and it's not even one I would have probably considered if I hadn't seen this. Beauty as usual!

Angela Mclean said...

SWEET! You were so right to leave off the bling!
Angela xxx.

Els said...

Gorgeous card! That stamp is just divine!!

Mariana Grigsby said...

So pretty and happy! Beautiful card, Maureen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...