Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bring Your Own Sunshine!!

Good morning!!! I wasn't sure I'd have a card for this morning...I thought this one would take me a few days to figure out...but surprisingly enough it turned out the way it looked in my head :)  Verve is having another Project Parade this month. The theme is Fun with Flowers!!  Yay, Spring!!  And yay, Verve flower stamps!!  Ever since seeing this beauty from Laurie, I've wanted to make these vellum flowers.  Everything went well except that when you emboss on vellum, it is very delicate and chips like a bad manicure (if you've ever done this, you KWIM!!)  I plan to use white craft ink next time instead of Versamark.  Then at least if it chips, it will show white underneath ;)  (just like a chip on a white vehicle).  I was thinking of making this a wedding card, but really wanted to ink up this verse from Feel the Sun

I layered the large blossom from Love's Flower, paper pieced the leaves, and adhered everything with dimensionals.  Pearls seemed like the perfect centers.  I really like the cream ribbon on white...it almost looks like a light buttercream.  I also got to use my new Nestabilities Labels 12 :)  Julee always has great giveaways during a Parade...one winner out of the entries and one winner for commenting on the Diva posts throughout the parade.  I hope you can join in the fun...it goes until April 7th.  Have a lovely Thursday :)  My extra long weekend starts at 3:00 :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Feel the Sun, Love's Flower
Ink: versamark, SU kiwi kiss, summer sun, versafine onyx
Paper: PTI shimmer white, SU vellum cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl dp
Accessories: white embossing powder, cuttlebug ef, corner chomper, satin ribbon, pearls, nesties labels 12

11 comments:

Winter said...

WOW! BEAUTIFUL! I love it! :)

Marisa said...

Your vellum flowers are fabulous, Maureen!! I too loved that card Laurie did and yours is right up there, girl :D Perfect EF for this card and I too love the cream on white. Wonderful card. Enjoy your long weekend!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW and WOW! this is pure delightful magic! Love your choice of EVERYTHING. Perfect card. Hugs,

Laural-Lee said...

My words can not express how beautiful I think this card is! Love the dry embossing and vellum flowers. I may just have a go at those flowers

Tanya said...

I love this Maureen! The flowers are gorgeous, I have been wanting that set since it came out, must get it. The simmer paper is perfect, I don't have any of this either, adding to wish list. I love the gingham leaves, perfect pop of color. Beautiful! :)

Heidi said...

WOW this is just gorgeous Maureen. I need to get some shimmer paper.

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

Beautiful card. Love it

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Maureen, this is just beautiful!

Kristina said...

I think my jaw just hit the floor. Maureen, this is GORGEOUS! WOW! Those velum flowers, the shimmery paper... It is absolutely stunning. You nailed this one. I'm going to just go stare at it some more now. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous, Maureen! Love your vellum flowers!

TannyP said...

Oh my goodness - those are gorgeous! Lovely work, Maureen!! Such an elegant card....your talent knows no bounds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...