Friday, January 8, 2010

I Love You So Much ~ EBTKS challenge

Hi everyone :) This card is for the Everything But the Kitchen Sink wrapping paper challenge. I didn't know what to use for this challenge until I went shopping on Tuesday and bought a fun purse. The tissue that was stuffed into the store's bag was pink with dark brown, almost black polkadots. How inspiring!! The polkadots were so far apart, though, they didn't show up on the punched out hearts so I added more with the single polka dot stamp from PTI's Polkadot Basics set. Ruffled flowers are everywhere now, so I made a heart one! There are 2 layers of a medium sized heart and 2 smaller hearts...kind of hard to see in the photo. There's also a black button in the middle. I also embossed dots on part of the shimmer white panel so I could have a flat surface for the sentiment. If Winter sees this, I'm asking if this would be an appropriate card for the St. Jude Drive...or should they be more for children? (email me, Winter!! Thanks!!). I had a lovely lunch with a dear friend today (Melisa, my blog enabler and sewing expert!) and we stamped a bit quickly and shared some supplies :) Thanks, Melisa!! Well, it's TGIF...hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I'm off to start my Dawn card!!



What's in it?
Stamps: PTI Signature Greetings and Polkadot Basics
Ink: SU black
Paper: SU black, melon berry; PTI shimmer white; Doodlebug glitter cardstock, tissue
Accessories: circle and heart nestabilites, cuttlebug ef, button, floss, gemstones

13 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Wow maureen this is delightful. It puts mine all to shame!! Love those hearts again..

Winter said...

CUTE! Love the polka dots and colors! Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Ann said...

This is just beautiful, Maureen! Thanks for the playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls!

Rachel D said...

Cute idea with the ruffled heart!

Marisa said...

Love the flower heart with the polka dots! It's fabulous :D Great addition of bling and twine and I love the embossed dots on the white panel. Absolutely darling card, Maureen.

Aimes said...

Now did you buy the purse because you liked it or because of the cute tissue paper inside?! LOL!
Simply gorgeous card - I love the ruffled heart!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S No, we don't have to make up snow days! Good job really or I'd be using all my Summer Holidays at this rate LOL!

Courtney Baker said...

Um so in love with this! Girl you are good. Thanks for playing with us!

Caryl P said...

Adorable!!! I love that tissue and have to find out where you shop....
I love the many shapes on this card, very original and the floss is a great touch.

~kelly marie~ said...

Love it! The ruffled heart is so clever! perfect! Thanks for playing along with ebtks!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this card. It is so lovely and I just love the tissue!

TannyP said...

Why o Why did you have to use another one of those signature greetings?! LOVE IT!!! Unfortunately, now I must add it to my adoration list. =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Maureen!! You're a domestic diva now :) Love the rhinestones, they're so shiny!! Best wishes from Germany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...