Monday, October 12, 2009

Hi There! ~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!! This is obviously a pre-scheduled post as I should be leaving Nelson today :) Today's card is an experiment using the fabric scrap from the muslin background in my light box :) I stamped the stems onto the fabric, then glued on die cut fabric blossoms. The (whimsical) stitching around the outside is a quilt stitch on my machine. Again,I was just experimenting :) I kind of like it, though. The kraft card base is embossed with the cuttlebug leaves folder, but it's hard to see. It will be a busy week catching up on all my missed challeges...I may give myself permission to skip a few of my favourites so I don't go crazy :)

In honour of our holiday today (and the American Thanksgiving next month) I would like to leave you with my favourite Thanksgiving poem....

Reasons for Thanksgiving

To have food enough and a place to dwell,
To have work to do and do it well.
To find the comfort when things go wrong
In a bit of prayer or a snatch of song.
To know the pleasure a kind act brings,
To see the beauty in simple things.
To know good books and share their worth,
To plant bright flowers in rich brown earth.
To have true friends...this is living,
And reason enough for thanksgiving.
by Edith Shaw Butler


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve thankful blossoms; PTI mega mixed messages
Ink: SU old olive, choc chip
Paper: SU kraft; PTI spring moss
Accessories: stitching; cuttlebug ef and flower dies; PTI buttons; linen thread; ribbon; muslin and fabric pieces

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too :D Trusting you had a wonderful time at the wedding celebrating the marriage and having family around! Fun stitch you used and the fabric flowers are cute too. Well done.

Winter said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This is such a pretty card! I love the idea of stamping on fabric, I have some left over fabric from my light box too, I'll have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Maile Belles said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful card, love all the fun texture. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, any big plans or traditions?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! Love the look of the fabric! Maybe you'll be getting into quilting!

Happy Thanksgiving!

ttys,

Melisa

Anonymous said...

love the stitched card!...and of course been pretty busy with the setup at school, that i needed to go back and see the cards i missed. loved the wedding cards, moe!! tl

Laural-Lee said...

Great experimenting. Love the stitching and stampin of fabric! Brilliant! Beautiful poem.

Ann said...

Oh my, Maureen, this is beautiful! I love the stitching and fabric!

TannyP said...

Happy Thanksgiving Maureen! I know EXACTLY what you mean about skipping challenges. I always stress myself out and it's not like I REALLY have to do them ALL =)

Hope you had a fabulous time!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Beautiful, love the combined textures!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...