Sunday, September 27, 2009

You Made Me Smile ~ Sweet Sunday Sketch

Good evening! Well, I was a little late getting into the studio today. Let's just say I had a REALLY good time at the reunion last night :) There was so much laughing, smiling, hugging, and toasting :) I was amazed at how wonderful everyone looked...it was literally like time had stood still. I'm so glad I went and it was worth the late start this afternoon!! LOL {wink}. My card today is for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I must say she has the best sketches. The simple layouts are great and ideas just start popping into my head once I see them. I just received my SU order and wanted to ink up my new Autumn Splendor set. I also got a retired pack of Autumn Vine dp from the retired sale this month. I wanted it last year but passed on it. How lucky am I it came back and at a great price!! As I look at the card sitting by the computer, I realize that I didn't use any white or cream! It has a very Fall feel, I hope it's not too dark. The buttons are scarlet jewel from PTI. I love this sentiment stamp from Verve. As I used it tonight, I thought of all my blog buddies because you all "make me smile" with your gorgeous, inspiring cards and kind comments. Thanks so much!! Have a great start to your week :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Thankful Blossoms; SU Autumn Splendor
Ink: SU mustard, rust, pumpkin, choc chip
Paper: SU choc chip, razzleberry, kraft, mustard, Autumn Vine dp
Accessories: nestabilities labels 2; PTI buttons; linen thread; grosgrain

6 comments:

Kristina said...

What fantastic colors together! I have that Autumn dp and I love it... I'm so excited it is just about time to pull it back out. I think fall colors are my favorite. I love how you stamped the leaves in various colors... they really look like they are falling! My Karen card is going up Tuesday, lol. I'm a little backlogged on my sketches, so I scheduled them to fit 'em all in before deadlines.

Have a wonderful week with you kiddos!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors! :)

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and how you stamped those beautiful leaves. Glad you had a great time at the reunion!

Laural-Lee said...

Very nice!! I like the dp!!! Love the colours! and the stamping is exceptional. You make me smile to Maureen ;-)

TannyP said...

You always make me smile =)

As usual - amazing color choices and superb stamping. Doesn't look like enjoying yourself at your reunion had any effect on your creativity! Awesome job, Maureen!

Marisa said...

I agree with you and these sketches - they are wonderful to work with. Hope to get one in this week. Love the leaves and the buttons are a great touch.

Glad you had a great time at the reunion. Always interesting to see what people have done and experienced (and who is now willing to talk to you who never would in high school lol). Have a great week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...