Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inspiration Right Under my Feet ~ Viva La Verve

Good morning! I have a full day of primping to get ready for my 25th High School Reunion :) A visit to the gym, a pedicure and a hair appointment are all lined up :) I wanted to make the last sketch for the Viva La Verve contest and get it all posted as I'll be out all day (and most of the night). The twist this week was to use specialty paper. I chose this bubblegum pink glitter paper. I was inspired by the shoes I wore to work yesterday. I love the colours in them and thought, hey, great colour combo! I tried making a plaid background, but it didn't quite work out...a little too busy. So I went to a white embossed background. And sadly again, my Verve stamps did not greet me when I got home :( I swear they stop at the border and Canada Post walks them slowly to my door. The States has fabulous shipping. Monday for sure!! (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!). Have a lovely day :)


What's in it?

Stamps: Verve Wishful Elegance

Paper: PTI white, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz dp; SU basic grey; doodlebug designs glitter cardstock

Ink: SU basic grey

Accessories: circle nestabilities; cuttlebug ef; button; pink floss; PTI ribbon; silver pearls

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! Have fun at your reunion! ttys!

Melisa

TannyP said...

This turned out beautifully, Maureen! Such great colors and so perfectly executed.

Have fun today!!

Kristina said...

LOVE the pink glittery paper! I'm off to the scrapbook store this morning to find some specialty paper that inspires me. Unfortunately, it's not something I use a whole lot of... but how can I complain about a trip to my favorite store?! Have a blast at your reunion!! Sounds like a great way to spend the day and evening.

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch this week. Love the sparkly paper. Cute shoes too :D

Laural-Lee said...

Love this card! Love the shoes!!! Great layout! Great idea!

Betty Wright said...

Maureen, this is fantastic and super cute!!! LOVE the shoe inspiration!!! Great sparkle and design!!! Lovely card!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the embossed white with the glitter. Great job.

Winter said...

So cute! Love the colors and those shoes are great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...