Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You're the Best ~ Mojo Monday #98

We're back from camping in the hottest campground in B.C...both in reservations as well as temperature...it's so wonderful to be in A/C again and a soft bed :) Now I'm back and have my favourite challenges in front of me. I thought I'd start with Mojo Monday. It's only been posted for a day and already there is over 170 entries!!! It's always this way, but this week is contest week. Julee and the Verve divas will pick 7 winners and each winner will win a stamp set worth $24. I won one in June!! It was such an honour. I am still on my Kindred Spirits kick and stamping on kraft. I just got a Stampin' Up order and wanted to try out the new colours and my new embossing folder. The great thing about the SU folders (they look like cuttlebug EFs) is that they are a little bigger than the cuttlebug ones so they cover a whole cardbase. As it's contest week, I went all out with the bling...a whole row of silver pearls!! I also used the smallest fleur de lis image in the set, traced a circle with a nestability and made my own circle border rather than using the set's oval image. I really love this :)


I also got to use my Labels 3 die...I love the way it fits perfectly with the circle dies. I have my eye on the new labels now!! Here are some close ups...I'm still experimenting with the camera settings. I have found that my "light tent" is best on my computer chair with fabric draped over 2 large pieces of cardboard :) Have a fabulous day!!




Recipe:
Stamps: Verve's Kindred Spirits
Paper: SU soft suede, rich razzleberry, white, choc chip, kraft, pale plum
Ink: SU choc chip, perfect plum
Accessories: circle nestabilities; labels 3 die; stitching; silver and white pearls; satin ribbon; SU finial press EF

13 comments:

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Love the silver and white pearls...nice job on the sketch!

Ann said...

Wow, gorgeous! I love the Razzleberry paper with the white ribbon, and the pearls are FAB!!!!

Laural-Lee said...

I love the Razzleberry too. I only wish they had made more embellishments in that colour. Nice to see you letting go of lots of pretty pearls to make such a beautiful card.

Maile Belles said...

Wow, beautiful card! I love the colors and fabulous job on the hand stamped border! The pearls are perfect. Your last picture is great, nice shot of the dimension!!!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I LOVE the colors and what a great bow! I have been using a sheet for the background on my pictures, it seems to be working pretty good! You gotta do, what you gotta do! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! So gorgeous! Your border with that teeny tiny stamp is just awesome! Thanks for playing!

JenR said...

This is gorgeous!

Rachel B said...

Love your color combo and the label 3 nestie. I do need it... I do! It will make things easier! Your card is beautiful with the texture, and the bling on the left and and and... Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

What an amazingly fabulous card, I love it!

Also love the name of your blog - my 2 favourite things lol

Hugs, Steph xxx

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is a stunning card! You chose to use purple too on this mojo! Love the line down the left side :) Maria

Merry said...

This card is stunning and the runner up is beautiful also. Thanks for visiting over my way.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! I am still working on the photo thing too....although I don't have a "light tent" yet! Thanks for your kind comment on my card---I love your things!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun card with great pearl accents. Way to rock this weeks Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...