Friday, August 28, 2009

The Goodness of Life ~ Verve's Project Parade

Good morning! We are having another beautiful sunny day here :) Yesterday I went fishing with my dh and we caught 6 fish (actually 7 but we threw it back; it was a spawner). So we did have fish last night for dinner :)~ Today's post is for Verve's September Project Parade. The theme this month is to make something for a hostess. Depending on who it is, I usually bring wine or coffee, but if it's a special friend who loves my cards, I'll bring a little set of my cards. The colour scheme was inspired by Jen del Muro's card and Starbucks :) The green is strinking against the white and black. I used white embossing powder with my favourite Kindred Spirits image and popped up that cute little mug again in kraft :) I love the Verve font and flourish on this sentiment. The package has a blossom crinkled flower and a crimped band to mimic the Starbucks cup protector (thanks again to Jen!) I hope you are enjoying your Friday. I have 2 more days of complete freedom and then it's back to work. It's been a blissful, wonderful summer :)


What's in it?
{The Goodness of Life card}
Stamps: Verve kindred spirits, delightful and delicious
Paper: PTI white; SU kraft, black, wild wasabi
Ink: SU black, versamark
Accessories: oval nestabilities; gemstones; white embossing powder; SU ticket corner punch; black satin ribbon


{card box}
Stamps: SU french script; PTI mega mixed messages; Verve fairy tales
Paper: SU black, kraft, white, wild wasabi
Ink: SU black, choc chip
Accessories: nestabilities blossom and labels 4; pearls, gemstone, button, crimper; gingham ribbon


16 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love the contrast of the wasabi and black. And I like the white embossing on the kraft.

Marisa said...

Love how you used the embossed Kindred Spirits on the kraft panel of the card. The black maeks things pop wonderfully too. Fun paper flower too. Great job on both.

Ann said...

Oooh, these are fabulous! I love the color combo!

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful!!! Love how you crinkled the band to match the coffee cup!

Cheryl said...

Both are absolutely fabulous! Love the colors, and all of your little embellie details....good job!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is totally fabulous! LOVE every detail!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the cup card. So fabulous. Love your blog and your style...such cute eye candy. I had to follow!

Elaine said...

Nice card. I like the color combination.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful. Love the Kindred Spirits background piece and all the little details. Thanks for playing! :)

TannyP said...

Oh my....these are so fantabulous! If there's a new designer brought on board at Verve, I bet you're it, Maureen. GORGEOUS (but I'd be stunned if anything you created wasn't)!

Jen Tapler said...

FANTASTIC job!! Love your color combo and all the little details (especially the Kraft!! hee hee)

Justine said...

This is such a fabulous set, Your clever stamped flowers are super fun

Rachel B said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors you used and all the extra's!

Kristina said...

Ok. I'm a little late commenting on your project, but better late than never! It's gorgeous, by the way. I love the white embossing you did with Kindred Spirits! And your colors are so beautiful and elegant as always.

Janelle Stollfus said...

I thought I had commented already on this beautiful set, but looking over this post for the ummmmm THIRD time (LOL) I realized I better make sure I had said something.

The colors on this set are indeed striking and I love the layered flower embellished with buttons. Everything just goes so well together.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous! I love all that green and kraft - especially the white embossed background. Thanks for playing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...