Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Almost Jen's Sketch for You to Try and the Actual One

So this is the card I wanted to make for Jen's sketch for you to try (SFYTT) this weekend. I was so excited to use my new Papertrey Green Tea dp and Mega Messages stamp set. However, once I was done and loving it, I noticed I still needed to add 3 embellishments in the top right hand corner. Ugh! I tried everything, but nothing would work and it would take away from the gorgeous button flower image. Needing a card for my nephew's birthday today (Happy 17th, Luke!), I started the sketch over again. I used the Kamloops Blazers (local WHL hockey team) colours and my new Papertrey flourish and star print sets. I was inspired by a card Dawn McVey did a few months back. I hope he likes it...he will definitely like the Starbucks card I'm tucking inside!!




Recipes:
{Friends to the End}
Stamps: SU flower filled;PTI mega messages
Paper: SU old olive, vanilla, groovy guava, choc chip; PTI dp
Ink: SU old olive, choc chip
Accessories: nestabilities, cuttlebug EF, PTI buttons, SU grosgrain

{17}
Stamps: SU by definition; PTI star prints, fancy flourishes, everyday classics
Paper: SU pacific point, tangerine tango, white, black, bliss blue; PTI linen vellum
Ink: SU pumpkin pie, sahara sand; PTI prussian blue
Accessories: cuttlebug EF and number die, gemstones, nestabilities, SU corner rounder, ticket corner rounder, star punch, Fiskars small star punch

8 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love the friend card. You're right about the extra embellishments. The card looks perfect the way it is.

Susan said...

I love how you took the sketch and was able to make two completely different and gorgeous cards!

Brooke S said...

Maureen,
You are on fire.. Are you addicted yet...

I love your card.. The buttons are adorable.. love the layout.. And the new paper.. All super cute..

hugs
Brooke

Maile Belles said...

Both cards are great!!! I love that Green Tea DP! MMMMMM... Starbucks, sounds good! :)

Paula Barin said...

Maureen, I just discovered your blog. Your cards are amazing. Welcome to the cardmaking world. You'll see soon enough that it is addicting. LOL. Your floral card is sooo pretty.

~amy~ said...

wow...both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Luke deBruijn said...

I loved the card aunt moe! Thanks!

Tricia T said...

I just *love* the top card on this post. Wonderful! BTW, my son is a St. Patrick's Day baby, too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...