Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Thanks!

thanksmaureenplut

Hi friends!  I’m getting ready to head down to Graduation this weekend and wanted to make a special card for the librarian who helped me with getting some references for my Chapter Two Literature Review.  I was panicking about my topic late one night and she helped me calm me down and pointed me in the right direction.  All from so far away :)  So I’ve combined the Papertrey Ink’s Make it Monday challenge with my heartfelt thank you card that I’ll soon get to deliver in person!  I made another junk bow inspired by Melissa a few months ago. I used a quote from Book Talk along with a bookmark die.  I didn’t adhere the bookmark, but instead used a decorative paperclip so it will be easily detached and placed in a book!  Notice the top of the bookmark?  I die cut a piece of a real library card and stitched it to the top for a little “librarian” accent :) Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great hump day!

signature

makeitmondays

8 comments:

Kathy said...

What a lovely card! I'm sure the librarian will love and appreciate it. Could you tell me where I could get the Book Talk stamp? Thanks, Kathy (retired librarian!)

Jess said...

So very pretty and shabby chic

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. I am sure she will love it.

Lynn said...

Have a wonderful time at your graduation! Your card is beautiful and your librarian will be thrilled! Love your gorgeous stamped panel.

Marcia Hill said...

Love this! So many beautiful layers, and those flowers are just beautiful with the gelatos...I'm sure this is going to bring a smile to your librarian friend! :0)

Paulette S said...

It's lovely, Maureen! I wish I had some Gelatos! LOL I went to Hobby Lobby the other day for more white card stock for my Mother's Day greeting cards/gifties and I did look at them, but a funny Art Impressions stamp set had to come home with me instead. I enjoy seeing your beautiful cards, especially when I don't have time to play in MIM. Paulette S.
craftqueen417 at yahoo dot com
http://paulettesprettypapercrafts.wordpress dot com

Keri said...

So pretty! :)

Marisa said...

My question is where did you get the library card wink, wink :) Gorgeous card and love the flowers and sentiment on the bookmark. She is sure to love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...