Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Whole Lot of Merry

wholelotofmerrymaureenplut

Hi friends!  Well, the week is whipping right along.  My month is full of work, field trips, a wedding, homework and classes.  Though October is a long month, I think it’s going to fly by!  Today’s card is for the new Festive Friday Challenge. This time we are asked to a star element.

Star Element Oct 9

I’ve used a gorgeous chipboard star underneath the button on the felt poinsettia…a little unexpected and a whole lot of adorable!  Notice those kraft leaves with the cool writing?  Yep, those were cut from last year’s Starbucks Christmas sleeves!  Can’t wait for the new ones this year!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

signature

stamps: Verve Merry and Bright

dies: PTI and Lil’ Inkers

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I have felt snowflakes die cut waiting for me to use. I love when you use felt on your cards and this is my reminder to use them. A wonderful combination of subtle patterns.

Елена said...

Zeer fijne en mooie kaart. Star ziet er erg prachtig!
Met de hitte, Elena.

Jill Norwood said...

Yay for those cute Starbucks leaves! This card is so merry! Love the star you used on the poinsettia! :)

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the felt poinsettia with the added star.

Marisa said...

Oooh, the felt poinsettias are out :) Love the card. Used a SB sleeve just yesterday on a card. They are the best! Hang in there with your busy month and fingers crossed the pumpkin patch trip is a sunny one!

Diane said...

Beautiful card design.

Hugs Diane

Nancy Penir said...

Know this is a busy time of year for you, but so glad you are still top of your game with this beautiful card!
Love the layers of the poinsettia, and the subtle pattern on the bg.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh!! I have a couple of those that I stole thanks to you - I gotta cut them up! This is gorgeous, and I love the star on the poinsettia, I might steal your idea! Thanks for fitting us in with all your business, I am so grateful to you, friend!!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous texture and dimension - I love your attention to detail! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Geri said...

How pretty to have the star and button in the center of that beautiful poinsettia! Beautiful card, Maureen!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday again!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...