Thursday, September 5, 2013

Verve September Diva Inspiration Hop

youmakemesmilemaureenplut

Welcome to Verve's September Diva Inspirations Hop! It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for the Verve Divas to breathe new life into some much-loved stamps and dies. And there's a PRIZE up for grabs, so be sure to leave a little shout out in the comment section of each blog as you hop about to be entered in a drawing for a $30 gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Check out all the details about prizes and this month's sale over at the Verve Blog.

My card today is for another awesome colleague of mine.  Remember, I teach at Disneyland which means I work with happy and delightful people :)  Last week, before school started, our staff had a 2 day Professional Development retreat revisiting the Virtues Project that we use and then learning more about Google Apps.  We were out for a break when someone’s tea came on a nice doily…well, you can guess that I snapped that up quickly.  Then I had it under my smartphone to keep it safe, but it looked like I was keeping my phone fancy with a lace doily :)  LOL  After all the laughing, this colleague went and got me some more in the restaurant!  She knows it’s for my cardmaking :)  So, to thank her, I made this thank you card complete with a little chalkboard tag AND one of the doilies she wrangled for me :)  I’m using Amber’s Viva La Verve sketch from last Friday…y’all know a big circle gets translated into a doily with me :)

I’ve had a great start to the school year…a bit tired of talking so much, but that’s the nature of the business in September.  Thanks for stopping by…enjoy the rest of the hop!

DIH2013_150

1. Julee       8. Tiffany

2. Amy        9. Teresa

3. Anya     10. Charmaine

4. Betty     11. Maureen (you’re here)

5. Karen    12. Marisa

6. Sarah    13. Andrea

7. Susan

 VLVSep13Wk1sketch

stamps: Verve Smile plain jane, Small Phrases

48 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the pop of color on the chalkboard...fantastic tag and overall card...the colors in the background paper are fabulous too!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, love the sentiment.

cm said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen; eye-candy indeed! You've certainly worked magic in breathing 'new life' into some old favourites! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
c

Unknown said...

very nice creative card. I love doilies too

Anonymous said...

Love the layers you have on this card! I love the chalkboard tag as well!

kReN said...

This Verve sketch speaks to me and I will give it a try, that's for sure. I love the chalkboard technique--it's a fave. That sentiment is really so special and would brighten anyone's day. It did mine!

Thanks for sharing your talent!

All is good with kReN @
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

pam said...

love how the ribbon brings out the color in the patterned paper...pretty card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that sentiment on the chalkboard Maureen! I am so CASing this one.

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous! There are so many fantastic details (I love the stapled on sentiment!!) but they all flow together perfectly!!

A perfect 10!!

Tricia

Whimsey said...

Big circle = doily = divine! :D

Super cute; love the chalkboard look too! Love the black stitching, really makes it all pop.

Sandra Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Miller said...

Made mistake on that message and no way to correct. I loved your card and your story of the doily. Made me smile and chuckle.

Marisa said...

Great story and a great colleague :) Love the black tag and well done using one of the doilies!!

First week is always a bear. Know they are still juggling classes at the elementary school based on international walk ins so kids still don't have their teachers or classes yet - not a fun week for anyone! Glad we aren't in that anymore, but HS has it's own issues LOL!

Yeah for a good start to the week and wishing you smoothly sailing for the next two days :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful card - great color combos and layering.

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely gorgeous... love the little chalkboard tag!

jan farnworth said...

great card.

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Maureen! love the bright colors and your ever-fabulous layers!

Karen Wedding said...

I am loving the chalkboard look. I haven't gotten around to using it, but I think I'm going to have to start. Cute card.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wonderful card and such pretty papers. Great story about the doily and way to use it on this card. It really is a pretty one. I love the pop of colour in the seam binding bow and button.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Sure to make the recipient smile.

Aimes said...

Oh I'd save my doilies for you too, Diva! ;D
This card is a true diva card: rockin' the patterned paper; pretty doily; seam binding; stitching, and a staple! Love it!
I bet your colleague will be supplying you with doilies by the dozen load after receiving such a beautiful card! LOL! :)

ScrapaDiddle said...

Love the unusual color combo on your card! Inspirational!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Oh, did it's job - made me smile!

Janet M said...

Pretty card. I hope you got a big stack of those doilies.

Heather said...

So pretty! Love that little red banner stapled onto the sentiment.

Janet's Joy said...

Love that chalkboard tag and your funny story!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love your story about the doily infatuation!!!
Your card is so pretty and that doily is the perfect touch!

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! I love your pop of orange against the black.

Christine said...

Gorgeous doily, and I love the story of its acquisition. Your signature addition of a second sentiment is fabulous as is your selection of papers! Your coworker will love this!

Kris B said...

Thanks for sharing your doily story, too funny! The doily does look awesome on your card! Love the chalkboard tag! TFS

lorrayneingram said...

Nice blackboard card,

Elizabeth S. said...

Fantastic card and love the story of the doily. I'm sure your friend will love it. Also great use of the sketch.

Kristen said...

Pretty card! I am not usually a doily person but I adore this card. :)

Tina said...

Favorite card, so far! Love the colors! So pretty!

Marsha said...

Beautiful take on the sketch.

Donna Oates said...

Love the card and the story about how you got more doilies. Too funny! Inspiration is everywhere, no?

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful use of the sketch!! Love the colors!! Hope things are starting off well for the new school year!! Read where you are going for your Masters....jealous of the energy you must have to tackle it!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love the bright colors with the contrast of the chalkboard tag. Love that stapled tab and the doily too.

Sue D said...

Lovely card--it made me smile and great story about the doily.

D- said...

LOVE your card. And your doily story made me smile. Love what you did with it. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the teacher card...Awesome!
Hugs...Patti

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the tag and textures on this card.

loulou said...

What a lovely card to thank your colleague. That doily certainly is very pretty.

Ravengirl said...

Love the Fall feel to this!

Rozy said...

Very pretty! That doily did the trick!

Nandini said...

Lovely card. The sentiment tag is looking really awesome!

Nandini
http://nanspaintpaperscissors.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I really like the colors on this one!

dj said...

sweetness!! love the chalkboard tag!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...