Friday, August 2, 2013

Chalkboard Heart Picks ~ Clearly Besotted Sneak Peek!

heartpicksmaureenplut

Good morning!  Well, we survived the Rehearsal Dinner and everyone had a fantastic time.  I want to share some of the fun details I made for the party.  First up are the heart picks I used for the dining room table floral arrangement.  I made 2 pink scalloped hearts and 2 shimmer white scalloped hearts then sandwiched the wooden skewers in between so  no matter which side you look at, you’ll see these lovely chalkboards. 

 IMG_7292

I just love the chalkboard look and had a blast creating these little ones.  The soon to be released Clearly Besotted Basic Alphabet set was perfect to add Brian and Ashlee’s names.  I also used some images from Framed Sentiments and Basic Banners to help complete the look.  Here’s what my work space looked like…

banners

I stamped the banner on my scratch paper so I could stamp the name down to make sure it fit properly.  You can see the letters lined up on my acrylic block.

lineup

I also made a chalkboard style sign to greet our guests…

chalkboard

And here’s how this all began as I woke up one morning last week with some ideas…I quickly sketched them out so I wouldn’t forget…

planning

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out some more sneak peeks over on the Clearly Besotted Blog :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: clearly besotted basic alphabet, framed sentiments, basic banners

ink: versamark, su craft ink white

paper: pti black, shimmer white, sweet blush

accessories: clearly besotted basic banner dies, spellbinders heart and scalloped heart dies, pti white embossing powder, uniball gel pen, wooden skewers (as picks)

12 comments:

Luanne said...

Everything is so wonderful! Looks like we both have loved ones getting married, my daughter is tying the knot Sept 21. I've done a few crafty things for the reception, but nothing as special as yours! Best wishes to them and you! No crying, right? ;)

JoAnn said...

These are fabulous. You did a wonderful job. Love how you added the hearts to the flower arrangement. I love the chalkboard look also. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes to Brian and Ashlee.

Tammy said...

Wow--great details. I love your welcome chalkboard! Perhaps you need to get into stamp designing next!! Best wishes for the wedding day!!

Barb said...

How fun!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Maureen! Love those adorable picks!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your chalkboard hearts and welcome sign. So fun! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the dinner. I'm sure everything was beautiful and delicious! We're off camping this weekend. Would you like to go for coffee sometime next week? Talk soon! hugs!

Marisa said...

I'm sure the evening was a smashing success :) Just love the chalkboard hearts and how you tied the theme into the entry plaque. Loving the I DO BBQ statement too! Can't wait to see wedding pics :)

Stephanie said...

I'm getting excited for you now Moe! This wedding is going to be incredible, if the rehearsal dinner's anything to go by - I'm glad it went well :) x

Unknown said...

OMG!!! This is fabulous! So perfect...I love the BBQ chalkboard design too.

Jinny Newlin said...

Eeek! Love, love, LOVE! Absolutely perfect in every way, Maureen! And what a great way to set the mood for a party!

Cornelie said...

O, this is so nice!!

Lindsey said...

Love it...so glad you shared.

Christina said...

Your chalkboard technique is fantastic! Those heart picks look adorable in the floral arrangement. What a clever, personalized touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...