Friday, May 10, 2013

Verve May Spotlight Hop ~ Release Day!!

teacherslivemaureenplut

Good morning and welcome to Release Day!!  All the new stamps and dies are ready to purchase in the Verve Store today!  Woohoo!  I’ve been anxiously waiting for today’s stamps and dies for almost 2 months when Julee let us preview the new stamp sets.  Way back when I sent Julee an idea for a Verve style Teacher Set.  I searched for some sweet sentiments that I hadn’t seen in other teacher sets and sent her the idea along with a request for apples that you could stamp in different colours (‘cause this Diva doesn’t colour! {wink!}).  So you can understand my excitement (and tears) when I saw the Teachers Count set for the first time.  I’m one of those people who wanted to be a teacher since she was a little girl playing “school.”  Truth be told, I was a little intimidated when I came to make my cards for today’s post.  I wanted so much to do this set justice.  The first idea came to me as I thought about the tilted trend.  Wouldn’t it be fun to have a repeated apple pattern?  So I drew a pencil line on my paper (black in the photo below so you can see it). Then stamped the large apple all the way across with the line as a guide.  Then I repeated each tilted line until the whole panel was full.  Here’s what a ended up with.

IMG_6932

Then I just stamped the apples (Red Delicious, Ambrosia and Granny Smith!) and leaves.  This teacher eats an apple a day for an after school snack :)  With a CAS design done, I went for a more frilly vintage style look on the next one.  This quote gives me goose bumps :)  We have a teacher retiring this year and she’ll be finding it on her desk very soon ;)

neverforgetmaureenplut

Are you still with me?  Sorry…but I just couldn’t leave this set alone!  One more stop on Jen S.’s blog…and then you can do some shopping! Woohoo!

But wait! Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.

Today's Prize: Teachers Count, Apple Die Set, All Occasion, Occasion Frame Die, Promoted Plain Jane

May13Spot

1. Julee            8. Andrea

2. Charmaine    9. Jen M.

3. Teresa        10. Laurie W.

4. Stacey         11. Laurie S.

5. Amber         12. Janelle

6. Christyne     13. Maureen

7. Marisa         14. Jen S.

 

what’s in them?

{teachers live forever}

stamps: Teachers Count (Verve)

paper: kraft, white (PTI), red glitter cardstock (craft supply)

ink: onyx (Versafine), summer sun, real red, gumball green (SU), lime (SEI)

accessories: rounded rectangle and From the Heart dies (A Cut Above by Verve), library clip (SU)

 

{The Way You Made them Feel}

stamps: Teachers Count (Verve)

Paper: rustic white, sweet blush (PTI), Kneehighs (Basicgrey)

ink: onyx (Versafine), going gray, mellow moss, barely banana (SU)

accessories: Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Signature Ribbon Collection(Verve), string of hearts die (Simon Says Stamps), circle dies (Spellbinders), doily (Etsy Shop), buttons (PTI), mini paper clip (Tim Holtz), bakers twine (Doodlebug), stitching, staple

40 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. You know this set is an absolute must have for me. I don't color either so the apples are perfect. Love that there are two sizes and oh my do the sentiments speak to me. Especially the second one. We have been blessed with wonderful teachers for the boys and I will be inking this up quickly! You know I love both of your cards. Way to rock multiple styles!!

Heidi said...

I have to laugh when you said that you don't color -- gorgeous cards!! Love your little tutorial on the diagonal stamping.

Kathy said...

Love the background you've created on the first. So pretty. I love the girly and vintage look of the second. I agree about that sentiment, it gives me goosebumps, too. I'm already planning out a card for my son's first grade teacher who is so very special! Can't wait to order this new set. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the design on the first one. I can't even tell you how much paper I'd waste if I tried to do that lol. Stunning design.

loulou said...

Wonderful cards. I love the way you have produced your own pattern with the apple and that little clip in so cute. I love that sentiment on the second card too, it is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Loved the cards. The coloring was great!

Rhonda said...

Love this apple too. I like the tall stem. Great cards Maureen.

Barb said...

Oh, that first card had me smiling big time! What a fun way to use the apple stamp! And your second card is layered so beautifully, Maureen! Such a wonderful sentiment too! You always inspire me!

Marisa said...

I just love this set, Moe!! NOt being a colourer either I was giddy with glee stamping my apple colour :) Great set of sentiments too.

Yoru first card is too cute!! Love the different apple colours in the BG. Lovely second card - the cork heart banner is too cute! Wonderful work on both sets! Sure this will be a big seller :)

Unknown said...

Oh my word I can't get over that apple paper! So awesome!

Shan said...

Really beautiful Cards Maureen! I am loving all the stamps used this week on the hop. Thank you so much for sharing and I hope you have a beautifully blessed day.
Hugs,
Shan

Sabrina said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!!

Heather said...

That first card is adorable with that too cute apple pattern and I love the second card with it's soft elegant feel and all the layers and details.

Lynn Noe said...

My goodness, two different styles but both cards are so wonderfully done! I love those stamped apples, thought it was dp at first. The clipped sentiment is just terrific. The second card with that amazing sentiment is gorgeous. Love the softly stamped apple with it and the string of hearts across the top.

Kris B said...

I am so amazed at your talent! These cards are so wonderful! Love what you have created! TFS God bless!!

Kris B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards!

cm said...

As a former teacher, I am ever so touched by these sentiments! Thank you for sharing your 'vision' with Julee, and to the both of you for turning it into a reality. You know how far a 'little gesture' can go in brightening a teacher's day...immeasurable! Your card is stunning, and the 'essence' behind it - heart-warming! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!
c

Elizabeth S. said...

WOW!! Both of these are amazing! Also, thanks for showing how you created the horizontal background of the apples. I'll have to try that. I love the extras on the second card, but the first card is also just as spectacular.

Jenny said...

love the background you created with all of the different kinds of apples!!! hehe!

Rosemary said...

both cards are stunning... I love how you took the set from clean and simple to shabby chic!!

Stacey Schafer said...

these are so fabulous, Maureen! love the tilted rows and the muted apple on the second card! genius!

Jingle said...

These are both just fantastic!

Danielle Schoenlau said...

Wow, I just love both of these cards! I love the patterned paper you made on the first one and the second one has so much to look at, pretty paper, the banner of hearts in cork! Just gorgeous!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow! these 2 cards are gorgeous! I love love the apple background on the first card - what a great idea.
Then, I love the whole "feel" of the second card and the heart banner is adorable.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the apple background you made and the pretty vintage style of the 2nd card. TFS

Meghan said...

I'm a teacher so I love this set! You did a fabulous job with the concept and the unique sentiments! Way to go!

Luanne said...

Moe, these are just delightful! My daughter is just finishing up her student teaching and then will be looking for work for the fall. I could totally make something for her with this set. Way to go in making an awesome set happen! :)

Vickie Z said...

Oh what fun!! Perfect set for you!! Love your cards and the sentiments are fabulous!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great cards...thanks for showing us how you made the diagonal apple background.

Sue D said...

Fabulous cards. Love all the apple colors on the first one.

Beverly Perdue said...

Very pretty cards. I'm loving the apple! Thanks for the inspiration.

D- said...

Love both of your great cards! TFS. The sentiments with this set are wonderfully touching. TFS.
D- dmcardmaker (AOL)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these cards, especially that first one, love how you created the patterned paper!

Rachel V said...

I love your cards! You've been Pinned! :)

Christine said...

This teacher il loving that set! Your repeated background is awesome, and I love the bright colors! The soft, frilly card is my favorite...I always lean that direction!

Unknown said...

These cards are incredible! You really showed how versitile this set is! Love all those apples in a row.

mtscrapgal said...

You showed how versatile this set is by creating 2 different styles of teacher cards. Loved them both. Thanks

Kathleen said...

Love both cards! You DID do the stamp set justice!

Tammy H said...

Love the card with the variety of apples. So sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...