Monday, May 13, 2013

Just a Note (I’m Proud of You)

justanotemaureenplut

Good morning!  It’s a short week here in Canada as we gear up for our Victoria Day long weekend :)  I’ve been making cards and scheduling posts like a mad woman so I can enjoy a few days with the dh :)  Today’s card is for my son.  He got his last mark needed for graduation from Civil Engineering.  I wanted to send him a little note before the big day and a little treat…

withcardmplut

I couldn’t resist this SB card when I saw it last week.   ACK!  So we’ll be happily traveling to his graduation in a few weeks :)  The new Verve Take Note stamp set was perfect to help me let Jake know how proud I am of his perseverance and patience. 

Take Note

This set is just loaded with sentiments for almost any occasion!  I just love it!  Thanks for stopping by and hope your week has started out right :)

signature 

p.s. I almost forgot to share the poem I added inside…I found it years ago and just typed it on the inside of the card.

I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles,

to the highest of your hopes,

to the windows of your opportunities,

and to the most special places your heart has even known.

~ unknown

 

what’s in it?

stamps: Take Note (Verve)

paper: rustic white (PTI), ruby red, daffodil (SU), Snippets (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Flag It die set (A Cut Above by Verve), pinked circle die (Spellbinders), corner rounder (We R Memory Keepers), wood star (Studio Calico), staple, stitching

8 comments:

Lynn said...

This card is simply perfect for Jake! I am still smiling from ear to ear for him! I can't wait to get that fabulous set. So versatile and you are rocking it!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love the sentiment you found,thanks for sharing it!

Barb said...

What perfect card for the occasion, Maureen - so bright and happy! Congrats to your son!

Marisa said...

I"m sure Jake will love it :) Great card :)

Lea L. said...

This is cute! Love that cute stitched card on the front!

cm said...

What a heart-warming, inspiring card you've made for your son! Congrats to him on his accomplishments, and to you, for being ever so encouraging and supportive! Your cards are, in a word, breath-takingly gorgeous!
c

Heidi said...

Maureen-

Congrats to your son on his accomplishment! My son passed his flight with the FAA so I can understand how proud you are of him. Safe travels to celebrate with him!

Kathleen said...

Love the color combination you used. Congrats to your son, that is no small accomplishment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...