Sunday, May 5, 2013

I’m Overdue…to Thank You

imoverduemaureenplut
Happy Sunday everyone!  We are up early today for our annual community Garage Sale.  I used to have to set up in my sister’s driveway, but since we’ve moved into the suburb, we’ve been able to use our own!  The signs say “10:00” start, but we all know that means “8:00” in Garage Sale talk ;) 
So while I’m busy finding new homes for my “treasures,”  I thought I’d share another card I made with some goodies from i {heart} papers (stamps, paper and ribbon).  I’m their May Guest Designer.  EEK! There’s that library card again from Lawn Fawn’s Check This Out…hold on, there will be another card later this week with it.  I have “teacher” and “book” on my brain lately.  This card was given to one of my moms on Friday.  A personal goal this school year has been to read some good literature for FUN!  Not for work, but for ME!  I was talking to this mom about it at the beginning of the school year and she let me know she’s an avid reader.  Perfect!  She’s been giving me great titles and even lending me some of her books.  She’s picked winners each time and even gave me a light, fun book recently as the last one was pretty heavy.  I like the way she thought of that :)  So this card was to say “thank you” for sharing her love of good books :)  Okay, back to the garage sale!  Thanks for stopping by!
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: lawn fawn check this out

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray, real red

paper: pti rustic white, basicgrey kneehighs

accessories: may arts black twill stripes, lil inkers flag banner, pti buttons, kaisercraft gems, thread, stitching

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope the garage sale is a huge success! And wow! I love the stamps you used...this Lawn Fawn set is absolutely adorable!!

Helen F. said...

Ohhhh my, I just think this card is awesome! What great colors, LF stamps,and layers of craftiness! Good Luck with the garage sale, Maureen ~ I have boxes piled up waiting for my ambition to kick in for a yard sale OR to bring them to our local Goodwill store :)
Have fun today

Barb said...

So beautiful, Maureen! Love all those pretty layers and that fabulous bow! :)

Marisa said...

Darling card :) Sure she will love it. You'll have to send me some of the titles she gave you so I can add them to my "to be read list" Always looking for a good read :)

Best of luck at the garage sale!!!

Aimes said...

Oh you're hitting my weak spots with this card, Diva! Seriously love the sentiment and those library/school themed accents! Fabby!
I love to read for fun but hardly find the time. I always read before bed, but then I'm always re-reading the same pages as I fall asleep! LOL!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Amy Kolling said...

Maureen, this is truly a fun card!!! I love every element you used here!!!

Tammy H said...

Have that same ribbon in my large stash. Really need to dig it out and use some. Thanks for the beautiful card to remind me.

Tina said...

Love coming to your garage sale every year! I think I missed some of your best stuff because I was a bit late this time. But thank you for letting me make a "stop" - I appreciated it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...