Sunday, April 14, 2013

Retro Christmas Greetings


Good morning and Merry Christmas!  LOL  Well, waking up yesterday to snow and freezing rain made me think we were in a December Time Warp.  The only good thing about this is that it totally put me in the mood to play along with the Festive Friday challenge ASAP!  This time round we are asked to make a retro card.  Well, nothing says retro like some October Afternoon paper and Miscellany!  Cue the Make it Merry Collection!  This card came together so quickly!  I went into the closet (literally! lol) and dug out these October Afternoon goodies from my Christmas basket.  I forced myself to use some of the sweetest elements from the Miscellaney pack and not HOARD them!  LOL  A vintage-y Verve sentiment from Holiday Greetings was the perfect finishing touch on a sweet little Flag It banner :)  This stamp set is 30% off until the end of the month over in the Verve Store!  EEK!  And just in case you haven’t seen my fancy schmancy new stamp from Stampoutonline, here it is again in Ruby RED! 
card back
Now, let’s hope the weather warms up!  I need to show off my pink toes! ACK!  Have a great Sunday :)
signature
april 24

what’s in it?

stamps: Holiday Greetings (Verve)

paper: ruby red (SU), kraft (PTI)Make It Merry (October Afternoon)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Miscellany (October Afternoon), bakers twine (Twinery)

9 comments:

Lynn said...

absolutely awesome. I love the sweet little tickets...you rocked the patterned papers!

Marisa said...

Snow and freezing rain - yuk!! Nippy down here and wet and rainy thought the sun is shining this morning :) Wonderfully retro card. Love the focal street scene and the Verve sentiment is perfect for it. Here's hoping for warmer weather with you!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! OMG...snow...I am so into spring but, u live where u live and certainly get used to it (used to live in northern IN and they are cold now too!) Hoarding....I wouldn't know anyone who does that?!?!

Suzanne said...

Today I was just asking myself, how long until Christmas stamps are released? LOL! I am loving this! The weather here hasn't been great either, Moe. But I am getting very good at imagining palm trees!

Colleen said...

Awesome card! You are so clever and good at layering your papers, I sat at my desk with lots of scraps and just didn't know how to make it work. Yours is fabulous!

Geri said...

How very sweet, Maureen! Love these pretty layers and fun patterns!! Just lovely!! Thanks for adding to the inspiration at FF!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the layers! Super Card!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Mo, this ROCKS!!! I think OA is the perfect way to go when trying for Retro, and I love all the layers... I think you're right, better to use than to hoard, even though it's so tough to do!! This is BEAUTIFUL, friend!!

LeAnne said...

I am SO IN LOVE with these papers---this card is adorable! Can you tell me if the Peter Puzzlemaker image is part of the DP or is it a postcard stamp or what? I am on a mission to get some of these goodies!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...