Monday, April 29, 2013

Peace, Joy and Love

peacejoymaureenplut

Good morning!  There’s a new challenge over on the Festive Friday blog.  We are asked to use birds on our Christmas card.  Back into the closet I went to dig out my Christmas paper.  This time I went for Authentique’s Peaceful because of the bird images (nicely covered up by the yummy seam binding ribbon) and Pink Paislee’s City Sidewalks.  I love the look of long tails on the bakers twine reminding me of candy canes.  I even snuck some sequins on!  Woohoo!  I found a great pack of neutrals at the Dollar Store :)  I used small glue dots to adhere them.  Hope you’re having a great start to your week! 

signature

Bird

what’s in it?

stamps: Bright Spirits (Verve)

paper: rustic white (PTI), Pink Paislee (City Sidewalks), Peaceful (Authentique)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: journal card (Pink Paislee), cream ribbon (Etsy shop), wood bird (Studio Calico), bakers twine (Doodlebug), button (PTI), gem (Kaisercraft), sequins (Dollar Store)

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card Maureen. Lovely holiday colors, and I adore the bird veneer on that wonderfully tied bow with the twine streaming down. Your wreath made from patterned paper is inspired! Awesome creativity!

Lynn said...

Moe this is stunning. I love how the twine trails from the bird. Fabulous!

Marisa said...

Love the little wooden bird. Great take on the insp. pic. Cheers to a good week :)

Helen F. said...

Oh how gorgeous, Maureen. Love the background paper under the pretty blue panel, your seam binding bows are always perfect and the sweet wooden bird on the twine is delightful!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love that journal card you've used for the sentiment!

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO pretty...great job! :0)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Mo, there's no jingle bell!! :D

I LOVE how you incorporated the bird! Subtle, but it's lovely! This is a gorgeous card - you're inspiring me to break out my Pink Paislee goods and USE them, rather than hoard!!

Thanks for playing along again, friend!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. so vintage looking. great papers. Love your ribbon treatment.

Geri said...

So nice to have you back, Maureen! Love the soft colors with the pop of red...and the little birdie, of course! Just beautiful!! Sure appreciate you joining us again!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very, very lovely!

Ardyth said...

This is the kind of card I can never get right - so many diverse, pretty elements and you got them all to work together without overwhelming the beautiful message of this - well done! Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...