Friday, April 5, 2013

Just Start

juststartmaureenplut

Good morning!  It’s Friday and that means Moe’s in her happy place AND there’s a new Viva La Verve Sketch up in the Viva La Verve Forum!  Today we are being treated to a CAS sketch by the talented Diva Laurie.  I was so excited when Laurie joined the Divahood…I have been a longtime fan of her CAS style.  With that in mind, I channeled her while making this card.  When I saw the large rectangle, I went straight for my stitched mat dies and thought of using one of the sayings from  Verve’s Words of Wisdom.  However, once I got the stamp set out, I saw some of the smaller stamps and thought it might be cool to use several on the card to inspire the recipient.  “Just Start” is the operative phrase here (‘cause y’all have to START on the way to your dreams) so I stamped it in red :)  A couple of tiny pennants stand in for the 2 dots in the sketch :)  Oh, I’m loving the simplicity of this :)  Thanks, Laurie!  And before I leave you and start my day, I had to share the back of my card again ;)  This time in white!  LOL

IMG_6804

What do you need to “just start?”  I need to “just start” this weekend!  I’ll be (hopefully) watching our Canadian Men’s Curling team win gold at the World Curling Championship :)  Have a great start to your weekend!

signature

p.s. If you need to “just start” some online shopping, click here for the new Verve Sale!

             Through April 30, save up to 30% on the stamps & dies!

 

VLVAprWk2sketch

 

what’s in it?

stamps: Words of Wisdom (Verve)

paper: white (Papertrey Ink), The Good Life (FancyPants)

ink: real red, going gray (SU)

accessories: pennant trim die (A Cut Above by Verve), stitched mat die (Lil Inkers) Designs

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I absolutely adore the multiple sentiments. The pop of red with the gray is fabulous. I need this card for my coworker who is moving to Texas to work for Facebook. I had the go confidently sentiment in mind for his card. This would be perfect for him!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love white on white...

Barb said...

I love that you used so many different sentiments, Maureen! The pop of red is perfect! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Marisa said...

Way to mix up the sentiments and loving the pop of red. Nice touch with the ribbon too. Great take ont he sketch :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Love this card, Maureen! I need to CASE it and frame it to put on my desk. It would be awesome to make into a set of cards, too. You are rocking the CAS style!

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...