Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Full of Gratitude ~ CASE Study #136

fullofgratitudemaureenplut

Hi everyone!  There’s a new challenge just up over on the CASE Study blog.  We are in the presence of CAS and technique royalty with J J Bolton from Ribbon Girls!  Here’s her next stunning card!

CSC136

EEK! I remember squealing when I first saw this card last year on her blog…jaw dropping or what?  I thought I’d go for it and CASE her technique.  She was kind enough to share the process on her blog and I’m sharing my own, awkward, one…lol.  It ain’t pretty, but it worked!

IMG_6805

As per JJ’s instructions, I picked out some coloured cardstock.  Then I cut out strips with my PTI rickrack die and stacked the strips on 3 different pieces of cardstock.

IMG_6806

Next I cut the strips apart on the curve of the rickrack.

IMG_6807

Then I played with the strips to form an eye pleasing pattern.  Next, I glued the pattern onto another piece of cardstock.  Then I cut the whole pattern out.  Not too bad for my first try, eh?  So, do you want to give it a try?  Maybe you’re just inspired by the colours, layout, sentiment or chevrons.  Whatever your fancy, join us this week!  Head over to the CASE Study blog or visit each of the Design Team Members directly on their blogs below and then join in the fun!  Thanks for visiting!

badge

Anya Shrier (Guest Designer)

Amy Wanford

Andrea Ewen

Clare Buswell

Debby Hughes

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)

Jean Martin

Jeanne Jachna

Maureen Plut (you’re here!)

Teneale Williams

 

what’s in it?

stamps: clearly besotted stamps many thanks

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, soft stone, raspberry fizz, scarlett jewel, su eggplant, purple, pumpkin pie, peach

accessories: lil inkers stitched mat, cuttlebug seeing spots embossing folder, pti XL rickrack border die

8 comments:

Marisa said...

VERY well done with the pattern! Love the card :)

Judith said...

Thanks for explaining how you did get such a nice pattern

Lynn said...

wow! wow! wow! Your card is incredible...CAS yet popping gorgeous rich colors. Love it! Thanks so much for the tutorial too!

Tammy said...

Not bad at all! I love how the ric rak gives the chevron pattern a bit of a wave! So cool!

(BTW--schools are closed for us today because of an ice storm!! Play time for me!!)

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! I love the rick rack design! So fun!

Helen F. said...

Love how your created this pattern, Maureen. TFS this fun idea!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is such a fabulous design, Maureen, and an absolutely beautiful card!

JJ Bolton said...

Eeeek! I love it Maureen! Using the ric-rac die gives is such a beautiful organic shape:) And the colors you chose are fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...