Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year ~ Dream Big!

happynewyearmaureenplut

Good morning!  It’s Friday once again and a new Viva La Verve sketch is up and running over on the VLV forum.  Diva Teresa is giving us lots of creative freedom with this fabulous sketch! 

 VLVJanWk2sketch

I picked snowflakes for my round image as it’s Winter and I’m still not quite ready to bring out the Valentine stamps.  I hadn’t used any of the lovely Crate Paper Sleigh Ride paper I got last month, so I picked some wintery papers that didn’t say “Merry Christmas,”  lol.  I added “Dream Big” as a new year mantra to remind us that anything is possible with a new year here!  I was tricky with the Ribbon Banner die!  I die cut one banner, stamped “Happy New Year” onto it, then trimmed it down to be the perfect tag for the New Year stamp!  I hope you’ll play with us each week.  If you do, you could win $100 to spend in the Verve Store!  Check out the new January Sale…there’s a great selection of Love/Valentine stamps and dies on sale!  Thanks for visiting and have a great start to your weekend!

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: Christmas in the Air, Holiday Greetings, Tag Time, Words of Wisdom (Verve)

paper: rustic cream, rustic white (PTI), Sleigh Ride (Crate Paper)

ink: onyx (Versafine), bermuda bay, sahara sand (SU), tea dye duo (PTI)

accessories: Frosty Snowflakes, Ribbon Banner, Curvy Bookplate dies (A Cut Above by Verve), snowflake die, scallop border die, limeade button (PTI), seam binding ribbon (Etsy shop), bakers twine (The Twinery), gem (Kaisercraft)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love those snowflakes with the slightly inked edges...beautiful interpretation of the sketch! And I'm loving the mix of creams and whites...lovely. Big yeah for it being Friday too!

Tracey said...

This is just beautiful Maureen!!

Marisa said...

Love that PTI snowflake and how you used it - on my wish list. Wonderful take on the sketch and a great winter card :) Enjoy your weekend!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a beautiful card, Maureen! Love the colours you chose and the pretty ribbon and button. That snowflake is gorgeous! Happy New Year!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Happy Friday!! I just love the wintery feeling of this one, Moe! I got those papers just before Christmas and only got to make one card so I love seeing their versatility for winter!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful New Year's card! Love the colours!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Maureen! LOVE the cool color palette and the way you've backed your sentiment with that gorgeous snowflake!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the papers you've used, and the stamping is fab!!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, Maureen! I've thoroughly enjoyed scrolling down through your creations! I used to come across your blog more often when I participated in challenges more...just haven't had as much time lately! Wanted to thank you for your comment on my chalkboard card! So glad you liked it! (I'm an ex-teacher, myself, so I have a soft spot for teachers!!!) Thank you again!...I enjoyed my visit!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this card is gorgeous - I love how you've used the Crate Sleigh Ride papers on this. Fab! :D

Ann said...

I am loving this! The colors & ribbon are perfection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...