Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop


To enter my “400 Followers” Blog Candy, click HERE
merry
EEK! Okay, it’s officially the Christmas season in the studio!  Welcome to my PTI Blog Hop post AND my second Christmas card post of the year!  I couldn’t narrow down the non-traditional inspiration palettes so I went with 2 this month…both equally yummy in their own ways. 
bloghop2
Nothing makes me happier than bringing out the little jingle bells I’ve slowly collected over the past few years.  Nothing says “Christmas” like jingle bells (okay, and Baby Jesus! LOL)  I love how the sentiment fits perfectly onto the file tab!
christmasjoy 
bloghop1
Before I go, I want to let you know I have a few Papertrey Ink stamps for sale in case you didn’t see them over in the forum…click on the name to see a picture of the stamp set.  Prices include shipping to Canada and the US.
Spiral Bouquet - $14.00 SOLD
Background Basics: Diamonds - $13.00 (like new)
Background Basics: Gingham - $13.00 (like new) SOLD
Beautiful Blooms 2 - $15.00
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me on the hop…your comments are always warm my heart!  Can’t wait to see all the takes on this super fun challenge!
signature
what’s in them?

{merry}

stamps: pti christmas poinsettia

ink: su basic grey

paper: pti soft stone, white, aquamist, mme dp

accessories: pti felt, christmas poinsettia and wonderful words holiday dies, buttons, bakers twine, stitching


{Sending You Christmas Joy}

stamps: vintage ornaments and vintage ornaments additions

ink: versafine onyx, pti raspberry fizz

paper: pti kraft, hibiscus burst, rustic white, echo park dp

accessories: pti vintage ornament and edger dies, gems, silver cording, Michaels jingle bells, pti ribbon, stitching

35 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! I love how you used two of the contrasting color palettes. The grays and blues on the first one are so soft and gorgeous. I love the felt poinsettia leaves (reminds me I shouldn't always go traditional with my colors) and the second one shouts Christmas happiness to me. Love the bright colors with the bling!

sandie said...

oh jingle bells are so perfect to get us in the holiday mood and I love the pink!

lainey said...

love that first one Maureen :) lainey x

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous cards Maureen. Congrats on 400 followers too. I always look forward to your daily inspiration.

Marisa said...

Love the poinsettia card - the polka dots are making me swoon and that merry die is calling my name. Great take on the colours! KNEW you would use the second combo - that is the one that screamed Moe to me :) Great pop of colour with the ornaments. Well doen times two :) I wimped out and went with tags LOL!

Cecilie @ ancema.dk said...

Love your first card(I used the same colour combo for my card) - the poinsettia is gorgeous in that cool colour.

www.ancema.dk

Nancy Penir said...

Ha! Used my jingles too! Your colors and materials are striking. Especially the felt poinsettia.

samantha's cards said...

both stunning creations. love your work.

craftmates said...

BOth cards are lovely! I love the felt poinsettia on the first and the jingle on the second. - Irma

Tracey McNeely said...

Maureen both of your cards are gorgeous, you executed the colours beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Maureen. ;-) I love that gorgeous Ocean Tides poinsettia! Nice job on the challenge combos. ;-)

Nancy Guse said...

Super cards, great color pick!!

andrea walford said...

Love both your cards!

Wida said...

Love that first one like crazy!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Both are adorable. I love that amazing pink little bell on the second card and perfect bow. Happy Christmas sigh...

Vickie Z said...

Love your non- traditional Xmas cards!! Fabulous! For some reason I am really drawn to the colors in the first card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, Maureen! I especially love that first one! So pretty, as always:)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I want your gingham!!! I'll PM you on the forum too...

I love both cards - I can't pick a fave! I love the felt poinsettia (and that colour story was a close second for my, too!!), and your layers make it all work so perfectly. The second one is just FUN, with pink bells and everything!!!

Tamika said...

Great work on the color challenges!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty cards. I especially like the blue poinsettia card with the blue/grey color palette. TFS

Nancy said...

Both of your cards are lovely. Great use of the colors, and so many nice details!

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are great. I really love the felt poinsettia.

Alanna said...

These are both so fabulous. I especially love the first one.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful cards, and love the felt poinsettia! Great layouts, too!

victoria h said...

love both cards, especially liking the felt poinsettia and bell added to your ornament.

Pendra said...

Your cards are gorgeous...love the felt poinsettia!

Kara said...

so pretty! love the felt!!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous cards - love that you picked 2 very different color palettes. If I have to pick, the first one is my favorite, but I love the bells on the second one!

Sue Lelli said...

Both are GORGEOUS but I LOVE the felt pointsettia best with all the FAB layers and stitching! WOW!

Karen C. said...

Your two cards are so different but equally delightful!! Ocean Tides has never been on my list of favs, but after seeing this colour scheme, I'm rethinking that one!!

PatQ's Cards said...

Both of your cards are really pretty. Love both of your color combinations.

Unknown said...

Love BOTH of these...you made the gray/blue combo sing -- and that awesome pop of pink on the second card is fantastic!

Julie said...

I'm still having a difficult time using gray - I finally came to terms with all of the brown - now I need to embrace gray??? oh well, love your poinsettia card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

love the felt.

Greta said...

Love both your cards--especially the felt poinsettia--never thought to do that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...