Wednesday, July 4, 2012

You Made Me Smile Today ~ CASE Study #98

youmademesmile

Hello friends!  It’s the first week of a new month so that means we have a fabulous new Muse to inspire us all month long over on the CASE Study challenge!  For the next 4 weeks the sweet and talented, Kristii Lockart, will be getting our creative juices flowing.  Up first is this totally adorable baby card…

july5 #98

I must confess that I struggled with an idea.  I so wanted to recreate that stamped fence look, but I just couldn’t get it to work.  So when that happens, I step back and think of what else can I be inspired by…ah, the layout and the flowers and some cool way to display the flowers.  So I found some lovely paper to frame my card, then pulled out my Verve dies and stamps and started die cutting and stamping my little heart out :)  As I was playing around with the flower die cuts, I slipped the little ones underneath the frame. EUREKA!  I loved the cool look of this.  Now I must share with you that this sweet sentiment is from the very first Verve stamp set I won oh so many years ago, Thankful Blossoms.  I had very good luck with their contests and always joke that I won so much they put me on the payroll!  LOL  I hope all my American friends had a fabulous 4th of July!! Thanks for stopping by…now head over to the CASE Study blog to see what the other DT members were inspired then play along!!  We love seeing your interpretations :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: Thankful Blossoms, Making a Statement (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), Victoria Garden (Echo Park)

ink: onyx (Versafine), rose romance, summer sun, more mustard, kiwi kiss, going gray (SU)

accessories: Loopy Blooms, Rounded Scallop Frame, Rounded Rectangle dies (A Cut Above by Verve), embossing folder (SU), button (PTI), bakers twine (Twinery), gems (Kasiercraft)

12 comments:

Ann said...

Love, love, LOVE that frame with the flowers! Absolutely stunning!

Marisa said...

Love that flower - must use it soon! Perfect tucking of the flowers behind the frame! Great case :)

Amber Hight said...

This is GORGEOUS Schmoopy!!! I love your take on her layout, it's gorgeous! What is not to love about all that Verve??? Fab card, my love!

Lynn said...

I'm drooling over your take on the challenge and I love how you took us through your thought process. Putting the flowers behind the frame is genius. The touch of colors is absolutely gorgeous. Love, love, love this layout!

Luanne said...

I adore those blooms in and out of the frame! What a neat way to layer them! This is a super fabulous card. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, my sweet Diva sis...those flowers look stunning around that frame. Love the pretty colors and the darling sentiment, too! Glad to be back playin' with ya! :)

Tammy said...

Love it! I really love that you matted your centre panel with patterned paper--it really makes everything else POP!!

Jean Martin said...

Wow Moe! This is gorgeous! I love how you have those beautiful flowers in and around the frame. Such a great idea!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

If you struggled...it certainly doesn't show! Your card is gorgeous !!!! I love the flowers around the frame! Great job!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe for one second that you had a hard time with this because it's so beautiful! I LOVE those diecuts and the frame. Just amazing, Moe!

sandie said...

wow you came up with a great case of this card-I have found it hard but an idea has popped into my head. Although like you my first idea may not work. Love the way you have described how you came up with this-this description is an inspiration of how to tackle casing a card-thank you Moe x

Christina said...

I LOVE the way you tucked those flowers under the frame! All of those bright colors against the crisp white embossing look fantastic, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...