Sunday, July 8, 2012

Let Us Be Grateful

begrateful

Good morning!  It’s a beautiful, sunny, soon to be HOT day here in BC!  I know I’ve mentioned what a wonderful staff I have at my new school, but I don’t know if I’ve mentioned the fabulous parents I’ve had over the past 2 years as well.  One thing I missed working at my old school is visiting with the parents on field trips, during interviews and in the hall after school.  I love telling them some funny little anecdote about their children or how our day went.  The last day of school is always a whirlwind and I didn’t get to see or talk to all the parents.  Many left me sweet and thoughtful gifts on my desk as a result and I wasn’t able to thank them in person. So I made sure I took my address book home with me on the last day so I could send them all cards.  I kept them CAS so they would mail easily plus I had several to make!  This is what I came up with.  I stamped the fun MFT teacher image first… IMG_5494

and then made a mask of her with a sticky note…

IMG_5493

…then I stamped the note paper in Soft Sky and the sentiment in Ruby Red.  I just wanted all of them to know how much their kind words and thoughtful gifts meant to me :)  Have a wonderful day! Thanks so much for popping by :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: My Favourite Things You Rule, Own Your Story, PTI Inside and Out:Thank You

ink: versafine onyx, su ruby red, soft sky

paper: pti white

accessories: NONE!  ACK!

8 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Such a perfect one layer card! She's a cute image, and that's a wonderful sentiment.

Lynn said...

Moe, Moe, Moe...you know this CAS loving girl loves this card. The sentiment is perfect and the masking divine! Love it! Hope you and Tony had a wonderful time at the wedding last night. Lost the game yesterday 5-6 in the last inning :( Play again today at 1:30...off for a quick run before the house wakes up!

Marisa said...

Perfect for mass production and what a great sentiment :) Enjoy the sunshine and the deck :)

Kristina said...

Love the sweet simplicity of these cards! I always spend a part of the last day of school (usually with a movie on, lol) writing my thank you cards to my students and parents whom were so generous with their gifts. Multi-tasking at its best!

Vickie Z said...

Love the understated stamped image with the blue and pop of red! I'm sure the kids parents will love them!

Christine said...

This is a darling card, and I thank you for sharing the masking technique. I am enjoying summer break after a busy year teaching fifth grade. I should get busy creating a supply of CAS teacher notes! TFS!

sandie said...

I like that image-I remember it from another of your cards-she looks so timid. Great masking technique-thanks x

TannyP said...

Awww - this is perfect. I love the masking and the CAS style of these cards means that Canada Post wouldn't even curse you ;)

Very pretty card, Moe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...