Sunday, June 24, 2012

Desires of Your Heart

desires

Good morning!  I had the most lovely time in the studio yesterday morning!  You know, those mornings where the errands can wait, the coffee is delicious, and your jammies are oh so comfy :)  I saw  this week’s Runway Inspired Challenge a few days ago and immediately thought of this fun patterned paper in my Lilybee Victoria Park pack.  I didn’t think I’d ever use this very busy pattern on a card, but I think it’s perfect peeking out of a negative die cut!  ACK!  One of my first negative die cuts!  I have seen them forever and admire them so much, so here it is, my maiden cut!  I’ve also used the linen impression plate on this, but my sweet little camera can’t pick up fine details like that.  Either way, I think I’ve captured the spirit of a CAS card :)  Have a fabulous Sunday!

signature

Max-Kibardin-Fall-2012-4 (from fashionologie) 

what’s in it? 

stamps: pti dress form

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white

accessories: pti dress form die, linen impression plate, button, twine, gem

18 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous CAS and use use of negative die cut!! Wonderful!

Lynn said...

Your maiden voyage is a HUGE success...wow oh wow do I love this CAS perfection Moe!!

Marisa said...

Well done on the negative - looks great and that paper adds a wonderful pop of colour. Soon you'll be able to have your casual Saturday mornings every day :)

Melisa Hunter said...

This is so cool ! I love this design! I can see this in a boxed set with different patterned papers and different sentiments. Love it! Enjoy the last week! It'll be crazy but fun. Looking forward to seeing you the first week of the holiday. Tuesday works for me for breakfast. I'll be in touch!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fun pattern is a hit. love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this!!!!

Ann said...

LOVE the negative die cut! Why didn't I think of that? ;)

Christina said...

Ooh, your first negative die cut?! I can hardly believe it, as it is masterful! The gorgeous patterned paper really draws your eye, and the CAS design is perfect.

Luanne said...

What a fantastic card! And I see some hexagons too. :). Love that nice sentiment, super card! Have a great day!

sandie said...

great this time negative die-it is fantastic! The paper is a perfect fit for the challenge and the little button added works so well x

Kathy V. said...

Funny, I can't imagine a more perfect paper for your design! Just proves there's a use for any paper if you wait long enough!!! Love the little button detail too.

Aimes said...

Oh yeah! "...and I do my little turn on the catwalk!" Rockin' the catwalk with this CAS beauty, Diva!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous CAS card, Maureen! I love it when I can sit casually and play with my cards {which is a rarity, many times}. I know you will love it when you can do it more often...hugz2u!

TannyP said...

WOWEE! That rocks, Moe! I must use this technique....it's stunning :) LOVE that die and it totally works perfectly with that fun print.

Michelle Woerner said...

Super cute!!! Hope all is going well this summer. Mwah!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

The pattern you chose is a great match, and I love how it peeks out from behind the die cut! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

GinaA said...

Totally fab idea, your choice of paper is perfect and I love the thread and button embellishments along with the bling on the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous negative die cut with beautiful pattern paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...