Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thank U

thanku

Hello dear friends!  Happy Easter!  Today’s card uses the delicious colour palette over on The Play Date Cafe challenge blog.  Grey, aqua and chartreuse…how yummy is that!?  I knew the grey paper I wanted to use, then threw down the aqua ribbon on top of it…oh, yeah!  I wanted a bold sentiment for the circle shape and some kind of flower embellishment.  I have 2 prima canvas flowers underneath one double crocheted flower…how sweet!  I’m always a little nervous when using text patterned paper…I know one of these days I will have it upside down and not notice until posting it!! LOL  Wishing you all the blessings of Easter today and all year :)  Hugs!

signature

0color story 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve you and I, bloom and grow

ink: versafine onyx, su basic grey and kiwi kiss

paper: pti white, mme and oa papers

accessories: verve i heart u and elegant leaves dies, pti ribbon and button, circle nestabilities, prima flowers, crochetted flower, thread, stitching

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, way to rock this color palette. I love, love, love the texture of the flower. It is gorgeous. Well everything on the card is! The boys have all found their baskets...they're playing a bit before we all are off to Mass. Happy Easter to you my dear friend!

AdoraBella said...

Oh, this is amazing! Love the color palette and this gorgeous flower. Love the gently shimmery letter, too. Happy and blessed Easter to you and your familly!
hugs
- Maria

Christina said...

Beautiful use of the color palette, Maureen! The pop of chartreuse is fantastic, plus I'm dying over that gorgeous flower. May have to try my hand at making some of those!

The Paper Parade said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the texture in that huge flower, and the big "u."

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great use of the colors, love how've got some fun texture on your flower.

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! Love the soft colors and design! :)

Unknown said...

Wow..this is georgeous! Great use of the colors and I love the layout you used. Clever sentiment too.

Marisa said...

Oooh, love this card! Flowers and my favorite U die :) Great use of the colours. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend :)

Kathy V. said...

What a fabulous color combo--your interpretation of the challenge is beautiful. Don't worry about using text on your cards. Even if it is upside down, no one will notice with cards this beautiful!

Carole said...

Maureen I love this card and the colours are awesome!!! Marvelous the way you combined for the flower. Thanks for the visit my friend, it's always a pleasure to see you. Hugs ... Carole

Tigriswillreign said...

There are so many things to love about this! The colors, the crochet flower backed by canvas petals, the beautiful bow, the stitching! Lovely card, Maureen!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is pure loveliness, Maureen! LOVE all the layers and fantastic textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous texture Maureen - love it :)

Tammy said...

Be still my heart! I LOVE everything about this one!! Will be CASEing it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...