Thursday, April 19, 2012

Surprise!

surprise
Good morning!  Well, if today is the same as the last 3 posts, I will have to manually post this when I get up. I seem to be one of the many who is part of a Blogger glitch.  My posts still say “scheduled” in my post list, but do not publish on time (CURSES BLOGGER!).  Anyone else finding this?  I’m still using the old version, not the updated one but still publish my posts through Live Writer.  So now onto today’s card :)  I’ve received a lot of happy mail this week as my online shopping sprees slowly arrive :)  I couldn’t wait to use my new Cosmo Cricket paper that may very well be my new “fav.”  I also got my very first Paper Smooches set and just love the fun fonts :)  So even though this card is inspired by the haute couture Runway Inspiration Challenge photo, it just turned out kind of funky and fun!  I focused on the colours, the gold lame (we called it lam-ay in the 80’s!) and the chevrons.  I have this fun gold wrinkled paper from Michaels and took the opportunity to make another fun Frilly Flower without the matching stamps. 
Nanette Lepore Fall 2012 (from style)
So here’s another example of trying out a new challenge!  I so admire the whole Runway Inspiration design team that I know if I hang out there a bit, I’ll learn so much!  Thanks for stopping by :)  One more day until the weekend, woohoo!  Have a fabulous day :)
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: paper smooches good gab

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, the paper source gold, cosmo cricket twenty three

accessories: may arts ribbon, pti frilly flower dies, button, bakers twine

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Hmmm....It's looking like this didn't come through at the time you scheduled :( I'm using the new blogger and so far (fingers crossed) haven't had any problems. I am in love with the gorgeous gold flower. It looks beautiful with all those PTI die layers! And you know I love the chevron ribbon...bought some because of you....and we're roommates again :) I have it on my blog today!

Marisa said...

That gold flower is too fun! Love it :) Great take on the insp. picture. Loving that ribbon too.

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card and I love the bow, it is tied so beautifully!!

Aimes said...

Oooh way to rock the catwalk, Diva! (I've now got 'I'm too sexy' singing in my head LOL!)
That bloom is really stealing the show :)
As for Blogger, I have one word: GRRR!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Wida said...

The bow is perfection. You make the best bows :) I like the fun vibe. Lots of things to look at and each one is fab!

TannyP said...

Ohlalala! Lame......I haven't heard the term gold lame in ages ;) LOVE IT! That flower is too lovely!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love that you have 2 focal points on your card- the big flower and the gorgeous bow! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...