Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to You

happybirthday

Good morning!  Okay, I seriously was NOT going to  use the colourQ colours this week…too many pastels, no cutesie stamps to use…but once again I got quietly coaxed into it as the week passed.  I’ve been studying other designers and seeing how they work magic on colour combinations.  I usually take the safe route with green and do “flowers and leaves,” but I wanted to change it up.  I also wanted to practice a more CAS style.  I finally inked up the new PTI anniversary set.  I just got some SU DVD cases and can put the new format stamps into their new homes :)  I’m thinking of housing 2 sets into one case to save space.  I think I’m out of my funk from last week.  I have a lovely 4 day weekend and am going to divide it between stamping and unpacking boxes :)  Thanks so much for visiting and I hope your weekend is starting out right :)

signature

131 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti pretty peonies

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, my mind’s eye dp

accessories: bakers twine, pti scallop die and buttons, corner rounder

17 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm lovin' this new CAS style from you!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I need to use that set more too... thanks for a fun inspiration-- way to think outside the box.

Lynn said...

Oh my...this is a gorgeous CAS take on the challenge...love how you just used touches of the green and yellow Moe.

Aimes said...

Diva you have a fantastic CAS style - heck, I think you rock just about any style! :)
I like that you tackled the pastels and totally showed me that it doesn't have to mean cutesy!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Marisa said...

Very cute card and well done on the CAS :) Enjoy your long weekend! One soccer game down, two today and one tomorrow. Company is here, teaching Sunday School tomorrow and then visiting with friends on Monday...I need a vacation from this weekend LOL!

The Paper Parade said...

Great choice of patterned papers, and the buttons give the card such a sweet factor :)

Christina said...

You switch effortlessly between CAS and more layered styles, my friend. This is just lovely, and I LOVE the wrapped twine. Thanks for sharing it with us at the ColourQ!

Betty said...

love your card - i pinned it this morning (http://pinterest.com/pin/242772236133072771/) and it has 61 repins and 15 likes - quite a popular card!!! happy easter.

Jen Mitchell said...

So glad you were quietly coaxed into joining us this week at colourQ! Your CAS card is really a treat to see. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who sees green and thinks flowers and leaves, but like you I've been trying to use some of my other non-floral (and seriously neglected) stamps more often!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful CAS card and wonderful use of the colors!!!

Heidi said...

This is very pretty Maureen. I need to get some cases and start putting my stamps in them. Do you store your Verve, Waltzingmouse, etc... in them too?

Tigriswillreign said...

This is ever so lovely!

Sylvia said...

Love your simple but happy card, Maureen, love the different patterns you used! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were coaxed into playing this week because this is amazing. I can totally relate with you on doing flowers and leaves. I've been trying to force myself to not always do flowers. I think you rocked it. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Glad you decided to play along with this so so pretty card Maureen.

LeAnne said...

I love the change---awesome CAS, great papers, wonderful sentiment---a totally terrific card that anyone would be thrilled to receive! Love it! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ challenge this week!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the clean lines! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...