Saturday, April 21, 2012

Congrats a la Moe-net!

watercolourbutterflies

Good morning!  Well, if Blogger is still having posting problems, this post will go live when I get up!!  LOL  And as you may know, Saturday is my lazy morning day…sleep until 7:00, coffee, blurfing, breakfast, coffee and then my workout :)  I happened to see this week’s Moxie Fab World’s Tuesday Trigger photo while on another blog and couldn’t believe I missed it!!  How fabulous is this dress?

Butterfly Reverie

It’s a work of art!! I was inspired by everything!! LOL  I dug out my old SU water colour crayons and did the wet spray technique…mist your stamp, colour haphazardly over the stamp with water colour crayons and then mist again before stamping on water colour paper.  Voila, butterflies a la Moe and Monet :)  I added some embossing on the raised white panel for a little more texture as well as some shimmery buttons and threaded bows.  Have a lovely Saturday…thanks for visiting :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti beautiful butterflies, congrats all ways

ink: versafine onyx,

paper: pti white, Michaels water colour paper

accessories: pti butterfly dies, cuttlebug embossing folder, pti buttons, thread, su water colour crayons, water mister

12 comments:

TannyP said...

This card truly is a work of art - gorgeous Moe-net! I love all the white space and your fabulously colored butterflies. A real beauty!

Marianne said...

Wonderful card and technique! I would love to try that sometime.

Beverley said...

Lovely card and such a FUN technique! Might just have to have a go at that one! TFS xx

Marisa said...

Love the post title LOL! Butterflies are perfect for the insp. picture! Well done :) A sleep in for me on a Saturday is 9:00 a.m. and that was rudely interrupted today as I had to get up at 6:45 so we could be out of the house one time to get to soccer. I think a nap may be in my near future LOL! Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie Z said...

I've never done this technique before....it's wonderful!!! Love those butterflies, buttons with bows are a perfect touch!!

Melisa Hunter said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! Love the colours! A beautiful take on this week's trigger. I need to revisit this technique. Thanks for dropping off the stamp. I think it will work perfectly. I'm going to try it out shortly. Enjoy the sunshine!

Lynn said...

Oh my Moe! I need to try this technique. It is absolutely beautiful. So feminine! Hope you had a wonderful Saturday...drove on the wrong side of then road once...yikes! But did make the drive to my aunt's!!!

Tammy said...

Simply stunning!

Sandy said...

Your card is every bit as fabulous as the dress!!
Sandy

Luanne said...

Forgot I have watercolor crayons...now I need to go dig them out! The butterflies are simply marvelous!! Wonderful creation, truly inspired!

Suzanne Russell said...

Very artsy, Maureen! Your technique is very successful. Monet is a favorite of mine-I think I see the similarity :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...