Monday, April 30, 2012

Celebrate Mother

celebratemothertpd
Good morning!  Well, I had a fun weekend making Mother’s Day cards and organizing my purged items for our community garage sale this Sunday.   I was intrigued with this week’s colour palette over on The Play Date Cafe then was a little confused with the colours…Dusk, Magenta and Seedling.  Hmm, seems like Magenta is open to interpretation.  According to the Crayola pencil crayons in my classroom, magenta is like fuchsia so I’ve interpreted that to be autumn rose.  I also took Seedling to mean a mustard yellow.  But in the end, I had fun with my card and that’s the most important part…using some more new paper, silky ribbon and another stamp from my new Birthday Tags set.
0color story 129
Okay, let the week begin!!  Have a wonderful day :)
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti mega mixed messages, 2012 Birthday Tags

ink: pti autumn rose, versafine onyx

paper: pti rustic cream, kraft, su night of navy, more mustard, authentique freebird dp

accessories: pti banner and limitless layers dies, autumn rose satin ribbon

8 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful take on the color story, Maureen! LOVE that "CELEBRATE" medallion! And I apologize for the color confusion. You were not alone ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Marisa said...

You did well with this interesting colour pallet! Good luck with the sales at school :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hope that garage sale went well, Maureen! Feels good to unload stuff, doesn't it?

This is such a FUN Mom's Day card! The bow is absolutely yummy.

So glad you joined us this week at THe Play Date Cafe. :)

TannyP said...

That is quite the color combo, but you've sure rocked it as usual. You're always so good at creating something gorgeous with any challenge you take on!

Lynn said...

I had to look at the color combo for a bit too...linked my card up tomorrow! I love the funky pattern on the bigger piece of patterned paper...hope your sale today was super successful!

Suzanne said...

Moe, I am CRAZY about all the patterns that you've combined here! Great card!

Aimes said...

Yup - the magenta pencil crayon in my room is definitely closer to a fuchsia shade too!
You're making me think I should invest in autumn rose...I didn't think I'd like it but I love it on this!!!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the colors that you used and the over all design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...