Monday, April 9, 2012

Bring the Posse!

hoedown

Oh, I love that word, “posse.”  Am I dating myself?  It’s what we used to say long before “peeps.”  LOL  Good morning!  I seem to be in a funny little phase…the more I say I’m going to skip a challenge, the more determined I get to do it and make it work!  LOL  Today’s challenge was to create a little banner for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  I’ve made banners before so I don’t know why I wanted to skip this sweet little sketch.  Perhaps it’s because these adorable little banners from My Mind’s Eye have been sitting on my desk staring at me while I seemingly ignored them for 2 weeks.  It would be too difficult to ignore these little beauties…in fact, I didn’t want to use them!!  There are only 4 and that’s basically one card!  But really, I could make these with patterned paper, chip board and a banner die…so really, there was nothing holding me back.  I was totally inspired by Teresa’s fabulous card in the Design Team samples.  Her stitching made me giddy and so I had to add some on mine.  It really kind of screams at you, doesn’t it!?  LOL  I’m thinking my name for this one is Cowboy Casual.  So are you wondering what “Kith ’n ’Kinsfolk” means?  Well, I looked it up and “kith” is an old English word basically meaning countrymen or neighbor, perhaps even friend…so, I’m thinking “friends and family.”  Hope your week has started well!

signature

WMSC92_thumb[2] 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms back in the saddle, vintage label 18

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, rustic cream, my mind’s eye dps

accessories: labels 21 nestabilities, spellbinders tag die, my mind’s eye follow your heart buttons, pti twine, gems, stitching

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Monday Moe! I love how you tied on the Happy Trails with the extra bit of twine. Such a fabulous design...and those banners are absolutely beauties! Enjoy your day off! Pat is off on a golf trip today/tomorrow...happy for him to get a chance to get away!

Christina said...

This is so fun, Moe! Love the stitching and the cute little banner!

Marisa said...

Ah yes....the lure of a challenge LOL. Glad you did it - fun card and loving the twine on the sentiment panel. Enjoy the last day of your long weekend :)

Ann said...

Hey, girl, I'm back! :D CUTE card! Love the fun sentiment!

Kelly S. said...

SOO sweet, Maureen! I got my set and have to use it soon...your samples inspire me so much! Love the sweet mix of patterns (I have acquired quite a few My Mind's Eye 6x6 packs lately!), and the awesome banner!

Karen M said...

Maureen, this is sooo lovely! I understand 'posse', no problem, because my hubby is such a John Wayne fan! I love your little banner and the die cut with the sentiment on it. Fab! Kx

Katie Skiff said...

This is so beautiful, I love the sentiment. I think Posse is a fun word!! LOL...

Julia Aston said...

Love this Maureen! what a fun party card - the sentiment looks wonderful with the die you used on it - great stitching too! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW! I absolutely LOVE your card - so pretty and sweet. Super happy you decided to play along- this will be one of my faves!
/Karin

Renee said...

OK...
your use of this set is the reason it is now working it's way to me...
I couldn't resist any longer! :)
Such a gorgeous card...
the colors...
the papers...
this incredible sentiment...
love it!
So glad you could play with us this week at WMSC! :)

Jean Martin said...

Moe this is perfect!!!! I love the elements you combined. And the sewing is perfect for the theme! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Lenet said...

Wow ! I love your card, great stamping great banner everything. Thanks for joining us at the wmsc.

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations to one of the Top Mice! This is just lovely. I love the kith'n'kinsfolk stamp and I really like the way you've used it here. SUper colours too.

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your Top Mouse award! Love your card with the banner flags!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...