Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday Wishes and Studio Pics!

birthdaywishes

Good morning!  It was a cold and rainy day yesterday so after running the weekend errands, I hunkered down in the studio to play with some new goodies and organize my buttons and PTI sets…more on that in a bit!  I’ve got a little bit of a school girl crush on the new Retro Sketch Challenge.  School girl in the sense that I’ve been a bit shy and haven’t played much, but I’ve definitely been quietly staring at them and hoping I’ll just take a chance and play more :)  AND their sketch images are FANTABULOUS!

rs7

My new PTI arrived this week via my shipping buddy, Lynn!  Woohoo!  She was able to fit a whole lotta product into one small little box.  I’m putting her name in to PTI as coordinator for new shipping practices {{wink, wink}}!  I couldn’t resist Maile’s new butterfly set and dies…I’m going to have mucho fun with these!  The bottom of the greenish/yellow paper was half thread through the Labels 20 die and then run through the Big Shot.

Okay, so my wonderful dh is back from a long work trip and before he left again he had one must do “Honey-do” job…hang my cubby organizer, magnetic backsplash, and card display (is that 3 jobs? teehee).  I even put the hockey game on for him in the studio :)

IMG_5132 

I am so happy with this cubby!! I first saw it on Dawn McVey’s blog and after thinking about what to do with my PTI sets, etc., knew I had to have it!

IMG_5131 

It holds a TON of stuff!  ALL my button jars and ALL my PTI sets!!  I’ve finally got them in alphabetical order for quicker access!  The ones up in the top left hand corner are the Christmas ones and the ones on their sides in the second cubby from the bottom right hand corner are my go to sets!  I won’t grow out of this organizer as PTI has changed the way they sell their stamps…I’m still not sure how I feel about that.  The DVD cases are a little clumsier to store, but the stamps feel more secure in them and they all actually fit :)

IMG_5130

The bulletin board over my computer screen is made up of a Pottery Barn magnetic backsplash and just some cork squares from Michaels (with 50% coupon!).  The card display frame to the left of that is one I picked up at Pier 1 a few years ago and had in the old studio in my townhouse.  The floating shelves are from Ikea  (START THE CAR!).  The huge calendar was on my stamping desk as an extra blotter, but I really wanted a big calendar on the wall for DT assignments and my own personal planner.  So there you have it…I’m getting there!  Next is to unpack that Cricut and learn how to use it before it becomes obsolete!  LOL  Thanks so much for visiting and letting me share my little stamping oasis :)  Have a wonderful day :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti birthday tags 2012, beautiful butterflies

ink: versafine onyx, su soft sky

paper: pti white, kraft, basicgrey konnichiwa

accessories: pti butterfly and banner die, spellbinders labels 20, pti button, su bakers twine

18 comments:

Tammy said...

Moe I love what you did with the sketch! I'm telling you--you are the queen of using patterned paper in such fabulous ways!

Love [ahem-jealous of] your studio! I'd love to have all that space!

Lynn said...

Okay...I love your card, but we need to talk about the studio...it is AWESOME...I love all the details. So amazing...and I MUST come visit so I can experience it myself. The colors, the natural light...all the special places to easily get your goodies. I'm in heaven :)

Beverley said...

I love the card you have shared. The colours and products you have used are lovely together. And your studio ... Oh my! It's lush! I love how organised it is and it looks like a lovely space to work in :)

Marisa said...

Loving that butterfly and great take on the sketch. Nice to see your studio shaping up so nicely. Can hear you purrrrring all the way down here LOL! Enjoy your day : )

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh yeah! I love seeing pictures of your amazing space! Love the shelving cubbies, the cork board and all paper organization!

The Paper Parade said...

Your studio is looking so awesome!! It is so organized! And the card has a great choice of colors, you're just going to love the Beautiful Butterfly set!

Luanne said...

You are going to super love the butterfly set. It has endless possibilities! Your room looks awesome! I can see many happy hours of craftiness going on there.......have a great week!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Maureen your card is really pretty—the butterfly with the button and bakers twine is so sweet! LOVE your craft room!!! :) So glad you played along with us at RetroSketches this week!

Christina said...

It's official! I'm moving in! LOL! Your space looks fantastic, Moe. I'm sure you're enjoying every inch of it!
Super fun color combo on your card today, and the butterfly is just beautiful! Love how you added the decorative edge to the green panel and will have to remember to do that again soon.

marymac said...

Could you send your hubby over here to do something to my mess (studio)? Yours is so organized.

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card Maureen, love the colours you chose. Your studio is looking great!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Things have been nutty and I haven't been by in forever! I adore your space and am so happy to see it filling out! What is your little sewing machine? I'm no sewer but would love something for paper. Any recs?

Amber Hight said...

The studio is fabulous, Schmoopy! It makes me want to come over and get crafty with ya! Love your ribbon solution, I may have to find some of those!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love this card! Love the way you used your colors! And thanks for sharing your studio with us! I know you must be loving it!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card. Love the colors and the pattern paper. Thanks for sharing your oasis. It looks heavenly.

kasia c. said...

WOW! Both your card and your crafty space (oasis!) are gorgeous!!

I love how you die cut the bottom of the green panel. :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Maureen, this is beautiful! Love the papers and colors! And your craft area is the bomb! Thank so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!!!

Aimes said...

I already feel at home in your new studio, Diva! When can I come play? ;D
I too separate my PTI Christmas stamps from my others. Great minds, eh?
Great take on that sketch, Diva! You shouldn't be so shy!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...