Friday, September 30, 2011

So Happy for You

vlvoctweek1 

Good morning and TGIF!!  This week just flew by and today I’m feeling a lot better…thanks so much for all your comforting words yesterday…it’s just nice to hear encouraging words…really, I am blessed a thousand fold, just need a place to hang my ribbon and call home, ya know?! teehee ;)  It’s Friday and you know what comes next…a fabulous new Viva La Verve sketch…in fact, it’s a whole new month of sketches over on the Verve Forum…that means our sweet Diva Amber is leading the way with the first gorgeous sketch…VLVOct11Week1Sketch

I received a few other pads of paper this week, including the Stella and Rose Hattie Papers.  I just love the colours in it, perfect for Fall :)  The first line of stitching around the card was a little “off” so I added a second line to even things out…love what happens when you work with a “mistake.”  I was also going to use a cream ribbon, but then tried the turquoise and LOVED the pop of added colour :)  Ah, I can’t wait (for the dh) to hang my ribbon racks in the new studio :)  Well, that’s all…thanks so much for visiting and HEY!!  Come back tomorrow for a fun announcement and a super fun sketch…wink, wink ;)  Cheers!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve)

paper: cream, summer sunrise (PTI), espresso, navy (SU), Stella and Rose Hattie (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: scallop border die, ribbon, buttons (PTI), circle and labels 16 dies (Spellbinders), stitching, thread

4 comments:

Luanne said...

Did you see? I won VLVSep2011!!! I'm SO excited! :-) I loved seeing your card this morning when I went to the sight, it's wonderful! Love the Hattie papers, they are some of my favs and perfect for fall. Eeeee! Gotta love VERVE! :-)

Marisa said...

We used the same paper on our cards today :) Your Diva Dust must be coming down to the coast to visit :) Now just have to get the attached Diva to come too LOL!

Great use of the sketch and fun shape for the sentiment panel. This is a sketch I don't have to go "hmmm" over too - yeah!! Have a fabulous weekend.

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous creation, Maureen~ I love the colors and the stitching is perfect~

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love this card and can't wait to play along!! I love the colors you used and that MME dp is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...