Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Keep Your Face to the Sunshine

sunflowers
Good morning everyone!! Today’s card found me playing with a few items that I’ve had for awhile and am so happy to finally have used.  As you all know, I was one of the lucky participants at Stamp-a-faire in July and we all received the Simple Sunflower Set if we spent $100.00 (like THAT was difficult, eh, Lynn? lol).  Then last month, the dies for the set were released (JOY!).  I also was able to pick up the picket fence die at SAF after waiting, waiting, waiting for it to come back in stock.  So with sunflowers on my mind, I wanted to use my favourite sunflower sentiment by Helen Keller.  I actually do have a stamp with this quote, but it was too small, so I typed it out in Word.  I’m using the open ended sketch from  the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog this week.  The samples basically showed many different interpretations of this sketch, so I think I’m safe with adding a few things.  I have the horizontal banner and the fence coming out the lower right hand side like the sketch and the rest is artistic license :)  I hope you can feel the sun today :)  We are having a beautiful end of summer here, quite different from the miserable start we had in June.  Thanks for stopping by :)
signature
WMS-64_thumb[1]

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse frame it, pti simple sunflower

ink: versafine onyx, su summer sun, kiwi kiss

paper: pti rustic cream, my mind’s eye dp

accessories: pti sunflower, picket fence and banner dies, buttons, bakers twine, gems

12 comments:

Betty said...

it's a beautiful fall/end of summer day here in nebraska too. love your card and am going to sort of case it to send to a friend who is hospice - will probably use "thinking of you" as the sentiment plus of course your helen keller quote. thanks so much for the inspiration. it's so hard to find appropriate words at such a time.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous sunflowers and the picket fence is great. Fabulous sentiment too! Great take on the sketch. Have a great day.

Gerdine said...

Love this scene!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that scene you created and those sunflowers are so bright and cheery! What's a sketch challenge without a few personal liberties?! :) Great job!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this card is WONDERFUL, Maureen! I love the woodgrain on your picket fence, and the placement of those sunflowers is fabulous! Perfectly stamped and embellished. I adore that quote...I have never heard it before, and it fits just perfectly for the sentiment you chose! Another great for the WMSC!

Lynn said...

Oh yes, it was very difficult to spend that $100...I had a hard time getting to that limit...and I've kept going since then like every order has to be $100 :) LOL! I love the scene you created for this. The little fence is so, so sweet...and the sentiment is perfection!

{Colleen} said...

Love how you have put the elements together. I love sunflowers. Great sentiment, very fitting.

Deborah Frings said...

Beautiful!! I do like the sentiments!

JJ Bolton said...

What a beautiful uplifting card!

Julia Aston said...

Love the popped up sun flowers Maureen and the wonderful fence - and that quote is perfect for the images!

Andrea M said...

This is STUNNING! Sunflowers are some of my favs and I could not wait to get my hot little hands on this set!!! I LOVE that sentiment too - so beautiful and true :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOOOVE this card, Moe!! It's brilliant in every single bit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...