Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Be

justbevlv4

TGIF everyone!! I’m all talked out this week.  LOL  I am looking forward to a “silent” weekend :)  But before I start, let’s celebrate Friday with a new Viva La Verve sketch!!  Diva Laurie is sharpening our cutting skills with this sweet little number.  After wrecking one piece of text patterned paper, I learned 2 little tips I will pass on…1) don’t use text paper unless you can cut it on a perfect angle and 2)  cut a little diagonal ruler/tracer then use it to draw the lines on the back of some paper, cut, then adhere to bottom piece of patterned paper :)  This card was looking a little TOO monotone for me so I spruced it up with some turquoise ribbon.  “Just Be…”  I think that will be my motto for the weekend.  I hope you will take the time to “just be” as well :)  I so hope to see YOUR card in the gallery this week.  Head over to the Verve Viva La Verve Forum for all the details :)  Hugs!!

signature 

VLVSEP11Week4Sketch 

what’s in it?

stamps: Words of Wisdom, Tag Time (Verve)

paper: kraft, cream (PTI), razzleberry (SU), Lost and Found Blush (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Curvy Bookplate Die, Sweet Scallop Die (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), ribbon, buttons and twine (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), flowers (Prima), stitching

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh my....this one is going to be a challenge LOL! Thanks for the tips. Love this sentiment! Not just do, but just be :) Enjoy just being this weekend!

Lynn said...

Holy cow...that sketch scares me more than the first one this month...but what you did with it is amazing! I love how you criss crossed the ribbon and the stitching is shear perfection Maureen. Hope your weekend is off to a great start! I'm off to call the boys in from playing outside for a bath! Very happy to be home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...