Monday, August 15, 2011

After the Verve Release Party Favourite

thankyou

Hi everyone!! I’m back for a few seconds with one of my favourite cards from the August Verve Release.  I actually have FOUR favourites, but I thought this one really showcases the fun dies!!  I’ve first I’ve used the graph paper and interlined paper from Making a Statement.  I die cut the curvy bookplate out, stamped it with the graph paper, then stamped again with the curvy bookplate stamp from Tag Time :)  For the circle, I did the same process…cut the circle, stamped the interlined image then the sentiment.  For the cork frame, I used the rounded scalloped  frame die to get a scalloped frame.  Then I ran the same frame die through with a piece of chipboard.  I usually have to run it through about 3 times for chipboard because of the thickness.  This time, however, 3 times wasn’t enough  HOWEVER, I really liked the look of the 2 pieces together (frame and inside rectangle) so I kept them together, glued the cork frame onto the chipboard and then added the silver brads to the inside chipboard that never got punched out!! LOVE it!!  Hope you do too :)  To see all the Verve Diva favourites, go to the Verve Blog!! Hold onto your lounge pants!! LOL

Don’t forget the amazing sale going on over in the Verve Store!!! Julee is celebrating this 4th Anniversary BIG TIME with BIG savings…check it out!

Verve_AVSsaleyBanner_550

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: You and I, Making a Statement, Tag Time (Verve)

paper: rustic cream, springmoss, black, white (PTI), soft sky, basic grey (SU!), Schoolhouse (October Afternoon)

ink: onyx (Versafine), soft sky (SU!)

accessories: Rounded Scallop Frame Die, Curvy Bookplate Die (A Cut Above by Verve), scallop border die (PTI), circle and scallop circle dies (Spellbinders), cork (Quartet), brads (Making Memories),chipboard coaster, ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

Marisa said...

You definitely used a lot of the dies on this card - well done! Great layering and good fix on the chipboard that wouldn't cut LOL!

Off to start week two of swimming lessons for kids and swimming laps for me. Hoping we have our own water by the end of the day...thank goodness for nice neighbours who let us hook up to their house until then. Have a great day and hope all the final details go smoothly.

Lynn said...

oh...I have not had my cork out in ages...you are inspiring me to get it out again! I love all the die layers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...